Really bad pain all day

DSRIGGS

Yes, that is chocolate covered bacon
Starting about 20 minutes after my normal eggs with cheese and almond butter with grape spread on oatnut toast, I began having a bad pain in my upper left abdomen area and it radiates to my back. It is almost under my ribs. It has not gone away but gets a little better then I eat something and it gets worse. I am passing gas and able to poop.

Any idea what this might be? Pancreatitis would be on the right would it not?

It was really bad after dinner so I just took a couple Norco that I have left from my last hospital stay. It didn't take the pain away completely but helped some. I don't want to ask Dianna to take me to the ER unless it gets really bad because she has an internal interview in the morning for a job she really wants so I don't want to make her spend the night in the ER.

Hopefully it goes away. It honestly reminds me of how I felt before my first hernia/obstruction but it is much higher up than before

Starting about 20 minutes after my normal eggs with cheese and almond butter with grape spread on oatnut toast, I began having a bad pain in my upper left abdomen area and it radiates to my back. It is almost under my ribs. It has not gone away but gets a little better then I eat something and it gets worse. I am passing gas and able to poop.

Any idea what this might be? Pancreatitis would be on the right would it not?

It was really bad after dinner so I just took a couple Norco that I have left from my last hospital stay. It didn't take the pain away completely but helped some. I don't want to ask Dianna to take me to the ER unless it gets really bad because she has an internal interview in the morning for a job she really wants so I don't want to make her spend the night in the ER.

Hopefully it goes away. It honestly reminds me of how I felt before my first hernia/obstruction but it is much higher up than before

Do you have your gallbladder still?- my sister was the oddball and had opposite side pain.. pancreatitis can hit either side but typically shoots right to the mid-upper back regardless. Of the two friends who got pancreatitis- it progressed fairly fast, they were in the hospital within a day or so of symptoms starting.. keep an eye out and if it's still bugging you by tomorrow eve, get it checked..

Last edited by a moderator:
Do you have your gallbladder still?- my sister was the oddball and had opposite side pain.. pancreatitis can hit either side but typically shoots right to the mid-upper back regardless. Of the two friends who got pancreatitis- it progressed fairly fast, they were in the hospital within a day or so of symptoms starting.. keep an eye out and if it's still bugging you by tomorrow eve, get it checked..
Hi Jo and thanks

I had my gall bladder out in 2011, I believe it was 2011.. I did have referred pain in a very similar area with the gall bladder. The pain is more in the center tonight than it was earlier in the day so who knows. If it is still hurting in the morning I will have my brother or dad take me to the hospital.

I so hope this isn't pancreatitis. This may sound crazy but if this is really something and not a false alarm I would rather have surgery to repair a hernia than pancreas issues. More trouble absorbing nutrients and a return to Creon is not what I need.

Let's hope it is just a false alarm but when looking up pancreatitis on the mayoclinic site oily stools were listed as a common symptom. Yep, those started a few days ago so now with this shit today it appears to pointing that damn direction.

FML sometimes, FML!

I have had loose stools since waking up and pain lower in abdomen, but I think that is just bathroom cramping. I am just now eating so I will see if the really bad stuff comes back.

Thanks Pam and Liz

Well I was able to eat my normal breakfast but I am now nauseous and the pain is coming back. Still more towards center of abdomen this morning but feeling it in my back again. I am going to see how I feel in and hour and decide whether or not to go to the hospital. Definitely not going to work, that is for sure.

Fever? Scott, I'm so sorry that you are going through this.. thinking about you!

The pain is back in full force so I guess I am probably going to head to the ER to get checked out in the next hour or two.

Fever? Scott, I'm so sorry that you are going through this.. thinking about you!
Very slight elevation. 99.2.....I normally run 98.0

Thanks Jo. Just another thing to deal with, but I am sure I will be fine.

Scott, I hope this is not something serious but it does sound like something that at least needs to be checked out. Get the care you need, whatever that may be, and let us know how you're doing.

Scott, I hope this is not something serious but it does sound like something that at least needs to be checked out. Get the care you need, whatever that may be, and let us know how you're doing.
Thanks Larra. I am getting to head to the ER

Well I was able to eat my normal breakfast but I am now nauseous and the pain is coming back. Still more towards center of abdomen this morning but feeling it in my back again. I am going to see how I feel in and hour and decide whether or not to go to the hospital. Definitely not going to work, that is for sure.

Sounds like an obstruction to me. That's how my second one did. Once the pain wasn't controlled with percocet, I caved and went in to the ER. I was in surgery within 9 hours. Hopefully you go get checked out, just to be safe.

Latest posts

Back