REALLY, Arizona?

If Kari Lake wins for Governor (over current Secretary of State Katie Hobbs), Blake Masters wins for Senate (over Mark Kelly), or Mark Finchem wins for Secretary of State (over Adrian Fontes), I’m seriously going to consider leaving.

I’m already puking over the almost inevitable outcome of the Rep race, where our community has been gerrymandered/redistricted out of the horrible Debbie Lesko’s AZ08 district into Paul Gosar’s AZ09. It’s mostly rural and redneck. A Dem candidate wasn’t even presented, but fortunately a write-in candidate managed to get enough votes in the primary to make it onto the November ballot, but has a snowball’s chance in Phoenix.

I read an extremely disappointing and frightening account of a former Arizona House of Representatives. Rusty Bowers (R). I realize that he's speaking from his experience. Having met severely deranged Trumpster, it isn't a stretch to believe him.
I have a friend who sold her house to travel around the country in an RV with her husband. They're heading back to AZ, and will make a decision to stay or move. If they leave, it'll be interesting to see where they go.
(The Article is published in The Week magazine in case anyone is curious.)

This is a dicey time to move here - unless the Dems win the Senate, Governor and Secretary of State races. Housing prices have gone up a lot, there are water restrictions coming (our house is xeriscaped and I don’t have a pool so I’m not sure I care, although my HOA supports 3 pools and an 18 hole golf course - none of which I use (well, occasionally a pool, but not much)).

OTOH, I want more crunchy granola types to move here and make the state bluer.

My friend lived in Surprise, AZ. I've gotten the impression that they are seriously considering leaving AZ. She has family there. I don't know how that will affect her decision. Most of my family (what's left) and many dear friends are in OH. That's not enough to make me want to move back.

Not too many years ago I would have moved to a state with little if any big consideration of the politics of the place; I thought what mattered was climate/weather above all but also beauty and lost of living.
My priorities have shifted a lot, although I still care about weather.

I briefly considered applying for a job in Flagstaff but nothing came of it.
I’m seriously going to consider leaving.

I’m already puking over the almost inevitable outcome of the Rep race, where our community has been gerrymandered/redistricted out of the horrible Debbie Lesko’s AZ08 district into Paul Gosar’s AZ09. It’s mostly rural and redneck.

would you go to California?

I have considered going back to NV. I worry about the future of wildfires everwhere in the west, but also about water in the SW.

there is no place without issues, obviously.

Latest posts

Back