Gastric Sleeve to DS

KyahRose

I am about 10-11 years out from Gastric sleeve; and I am starting the journey to go from just a sleeve to DS. Has anyone converted to DS after a number of years of just the sleeve? What was your experience like? Is there anything you wish you had known? I have a consultation with a surgeon on Nov 27th. I'm just not sure if I have any questions per se. Through the past few days now....going on about a week; I've pretty much checked my options for surgery type, and come to a decision that I want to go with a DS. Is there anything I could be missing on information / knowledge?

I am about 10-11 years out from Gastric sleeve; and I am starting the journey to go from just a sleeve to DS. Has anyone converted to DS after a number of years of just the sleeve? What was your experience like? Is there anything you wish you had known? I have a consultation with a surgeon on Nov 27th. I'm just not sure if I have any questions per se. Through the past few days now....going on about a week; I've pretty much checked my options for surgery type, and come to a decision that I want to go with a DS. Is there anything I could be missing on information / knowledge?
Just read everything you can here. Ask questions on posts regardless of how long ago they were posted. Someone will likely answer. We like people who ask question. Means they are curious.

I had a virgin DS so I can't answer about the revision. But the one question that skipped my mind at my appointment was asking about common channel length. My surgeon brought it up and we chatted about it some but I had not done enough research on it to have an opinion. So I had to come on here and read up on it and decide what I wanted and then message him the channel length I thought was best. Thankfully we ended up finding a number we both could work with!

Welcome and good luck. Ask questions. DS was the best decision I ever made. I heard the DS revision is not as painful as the sleeve

Thanks, I don't have a lot of questions for all the reading and videos I've been watching lately on the DS. I think now is just waiting to talk to the surgeon, and figure out the plan of course from there; make a finalized decision, and get the process for this journey officially started. Thanks everyone for the warm welcomes. I will keep you all updated as I progress.

Latest posts

Back