Realistic Goals and Personal Responsibility

Unless your labs are in the toilet or your BMI is 18.5, don't sweat it. Ride it down as low as you can go cause a good majority of us have bounce back.

My BMI isn’t that low yet and not even in the normal range. But a few people are already telling me that maybe I should stop losing. That I am looking too skinny. I kind of agree but I also see that I have fat in places but they say it’s skin. I am unsure about personal responsibility and who to trust because of “fat brain.” I see myself as big but then I look in the mirror and whooboy I am skinny.

How am I supposed to know what the right thing to do here and be personally responsible for it? My goal is 148 to rebound up to 154. I am less than ten pounds away from my goal. But should I keep riding the gravy train until I stop losing? But what if it’s too skinny and I look gross but I wasn’t listening to my friends and family when they were telling me earlier? This mental stuff is a trip.

Yes, the mental is a trip. But let me ask, if you had never been fat, you most likely wouldn’t see you as too skinny and unless it’s your surgeon or a complete stranger, everyone else is also seeing you with a fat brain.

My BMI isn’t that low yet and not even in the normal range. But a few people are already telling me that maybe I should stop losing. That I am looking too skinny. I kind of agree but I also see that I have fat in places but they say it’s skin. I am unsure about personal responsibility and who to trust because of “fat brain.” I see myself as big but then I look in the mirror and whooboy I am skinny.

How am I supposed to know what the right thing to do here and be personally responsible for it? My goal is 148 to rebound up to 154. I am less than ten pounds away from my goal. But should I keep riding the gravy train until I stop losing? But what if it’s too skinny and I look gross but I wasn’t listening to my friends and family when they were telling me earlier? This mental stuff is a trip.

Stick to the plan. Go for 148, sit there for a while and let things settle. Even holding steady, you'll probably experience some shift in shape. if you don't like it, it will be easy to increase that number later - much harder to go down than up after the honeymoon. :) I'm sure you look fabulous.

things do kind of settle - and people often lose weight from the top down so their face really much thinner and it freaks out friends and family a bit.

you really need time to adjust to how you look. ride it all the way down, why not? you will adjust and most people do bounce back a bit.

Yes, the mental is a trip. But let me ask, if you had never been fat, you most likely wouldn’t see you as too skinny and unless it’s your surgeon or a complete stranger, everyone else is also seeing you with a fat brain.

I don’t even know what I would think. In the back of my mind I was just hoping to reach 175! But then I wanted to reach 148 because the NP said basically that I probably wouldn’t. I forgot about that too so I for sure have to reach 148 now. So it’s better to listen to someone who doesn’t know me and isn’t used to seeing me a certain way?
Stick to the plan. Go for 148, sit there for a while and let things settle. Even holding steady, you'll probably experience some shift in shape. if you don't like it, it will be easy to increase that number later - much harder to go down than up after the honeymoon. :) I'm sure you look fabulous.
That is a good idea. My skin on my neck seems to snap back better when I stay at a certain weight for awhile. Also my belly keeps decreasing!! I like that!
things do kind of settle - and people often lose weight from the top down so their face really much thinner and it freaks out friends and family a bit.

you really need time to adjust to how you look. ride it all the way down, why not? you will adjust and most people do bounce back a bit.

I think they’re looking at how boney I am in certain areas and I am sure I didn’t look like that before. Now I have collarbones!

I don’t even know what I would think. In the back of my mind I was just hoping to reach 175! But then I wanted to reach 148 because the NP said basically that I probably wouldn’t. I forgot about that too so I for sure have to reach 148 now. So it’s better to listen to someone who doesn’t know me and isn’t used to seeing me a certain way?

That is a good idea. My skin on my neck seems to snap back better when I stay at a certain weight for awhile. Also my belly keeps decreasing!! I like that!

I think they’re looking at how boney I am in certain areas and I am sure I didn’t look like that before. Now I have collarbones!
My face, neck, rib cage are all the thinnest.

Stick to the plan. Your body will still change and rearrange itself as you lose the rest of the weight. All those people saying you are too thin are used to seeing you heavy. Look at the scale. Unless your BMI is actually LOW, you are doing well. Lose every pound you can lose. You will have some regain. You are still in the overweight range. No danger there.

This happens to almost everyone as they approach a 'normal' BMI. Some people decide to have a carb fest to stop losing and guess what? 2 years later they are back looking to lose the regain and the pounds they didn't take off when it was easy!!! THIS I have seen over and over!

Stick to the plan. Your body will still change and rearrange itself as you lose the rest of the weight. All those people saying you are too thin are used to seeing you heavy. Look at the scale. Unless your BMI is actually LOW, you are doing well. Lose every pound you can lose. You will have some regain. You are still in the overweight range. No danger there.

This happens to almost everyone as they approach a 'normal' BMI. Some people decide to have a carb fest to stop losing and guess what? 2 years later they are back looking to lose the regain and the pounds they didn't take off when it was easy!!! THIS I have seen over and over!

I have seen that advice and reasoning before and it’s what I am going to do.

Latest posts

Back