(Re-introduction)

Millie

Hi all! Just wanted to get reacquainted (and newly acquainted with some). I'm meq815 from the other forum. Went with Millie this time, bc that's the Grandmom name I plan to use, so trying it on for size. No rug rats in the near future, however.

Anyway, my 1 yr surgiversary was 4/29. I happened to have my follow up with my surgeon -Dr Gintas Antanavicius- that very day. He was quite pleased with my progress. I have lost 100% of my excess body weight, and labs are all good. He also gave me a script for Creon, if I'm unable to slow the weight loss on my own. I currently range ~136-141. I am 5'7.5" tall, and my original goal was 160.

After a rough year -I had virtually no complications, I just didn't feel good until about December-I'm finally starting to see the light. With such rapid weight loss, some hair loss, and such a huge lifestyle change, I guess depression was virtually unavoidable. The clouds are lifting, spring has sprung, and the clothes are amazing!

So there's my intro, and just a little question- barley. Anyone experience negatives with it? For the second time in about 6 months, I indulged in chicken barley soup, which eventually came back up. I was miserable. Felt like a newbie all over again. I can eat most carbs, like rice and white bread, without difficulty. Go figure.

Thx for the add, and look forward to following all along in this crazy journey!

Hi Millie!

I'm glad to hear your depression is lifting, it's like morning or spring isn't it? :D

welcome.jpg

Hey Millie,
Good to see you. Welcome. I still have issues with food. I can eat something one day then not the next. I have not eaten Barley. I really did not eat it pre-op either...

Best,
Whitney

Welcome, Millie!!!!
Haven't tried barley either...I do eat my share of bread with loads of butter and full fat ice cream once in awhile though with no problems. Tried pasta once-won't do that again for awhile.
Glad you're here!

Welcome! Millie as a Grandma name is very cute - I have three stepgrands, and the first one named me Dinana, so I'm trying to keep that one.

From what I've seen over the years, managing a little excess weight loss in the early stage is actually a very do-able process. Sometimes, Creon is necessary for a few months, but if you can manage it with just food, I think that is emotionally easier. The other issue is getting into the habit of eating more, and then having to walk it back a bit when your body inevitably adjusts.

Barley to me is like rice - a little is OK, a lot is a fartfest. It's so individual. Try corn instead - I have NO issues with corn anything.

Latest posts

Back