Protein and Probiotic ratings...

Huh. I don't see Florastor anywhere on there. Unless my old eyes are going on me. Somewhere on Facebook someone just posted a list of which probiotics were best for which symptom. Like for antibiotic imbalance, Florastor. For lactose intolerance, a different one was best. Wish I pinned it.

Ah. Didn't recognize it in a BOTTLE. Mine comes in a box, sealed individually in foil blisters.

Huh. I don't see Florastor anywhere on there. Unless my old eyes are going on me. Somewhere on Facebook someone just posted a list of which probiotics were best for which symptom. Like for antibiotic imbalance, Florastor. For lactose intolerance, a different one was best. Wish I pinned it.

I posted one on here a few days ago. Here it is again: :D

This is an interesting article about probiotics: https://www.yahoo.com/health/how-to-stock-your-probiotic-pantry-103490347452.html

Recommendations vary, but supplements with at least 20 billion live organisms per dose tend to be most effective, experts say. You can choose from among powders, pills, and liquid shots, and some probiotics are sold chilled and must be kept that way to maintain their effectiveness. Here are a few winners in the supplement world.

Align. It contains Bifantis, a patented strain of bacteria that helps maintain digestive balance
Florastor. A study found that this supplement alleviates antibiotic-related diarrhea and may help boost the immune system, making this a smart choice when traveling, says Dr. Reid.

Rephresh Pro-B. This is the only probiotic clinically shown to balance yeast and bacteria daily.

Be Well By Dr. Frank Lipman — Probiotic Powder. Add a teaspoon to your smoothie to ease chronic indigestion.

Culturelle Digestive Health Probiotic Chewables. These have been shown to boost general digestive health.

Is the one on FB more comprehensive?

I am taking the critical care probiotic now. I don't see the Premier protein shakes on the protein list. I'd be curious to see how it's ranked.

I wish the VSL#3 was on the list too.

This list is timely for me, since I had to take some amoxacillin for a tooth, and have been so stinky since, and am usually surprisingly stink free for someone who eats as badly as I do. My regular proboitics (VSL#3DS alternated with Align) keep me happy, with only an occasional round of flagyl, but no flagyl, or current probiotics will kill this post amoxicillin stink.

Looks like I might want to give Florestor a try for this.

Latest posts

Back