Porkchops

Rhondajs

I made a juicy, small pork chop for dinner with gravy and I ate it until I was comfortably full. 3 hours later, my stomach still feels full. When I lay down I feel like I'm going to throw up.

I'm 7.5 weeks out. My vsg was untouched with the second stage ds. I do fine with ground meats. How far out did most people start tolerating solid meat?

I made a juicy, small pork chop for dinner with gravy and I ate it until I was comfortably full. 3 hours later, my stomach still feels full. When I lay down I feel like I'm going to throw up.

I'm 7.5 weeks out. My vsg was untouched with the second stage ds. I do fine with ground meats. How far out did most people start tolerating solid meat?
Im only 5 weeks out from my DS conversion..sleeve untouched as well. I can eat solid meats almost since week 2 but not nearly as much b4 the DS . I suspect it's the "gravy" that you made. If it's made with any type of starch or flour, then im sure ur new guts are not responding well. Simple carbs are not friendly on our stomachs. As for the meat, make sure you go with a smaller portion, more tender, and chew it well. Good luck

I also suspect the gravy. Unlike the VSG, things made with flour can be an issue for a DS''er, esp a new one. Step back and give the porkchop with gravy a few weeks from now.

Thanks for the feedback. I should have called it a pan sauce. It was garlic, shallots, chicken broth, wine, vinegar and butter. I pan seared the chop and then Used the drippings for the base of the sauce. No flour.

@Rhondajs I need to be so lucky to eat something thst that keeps me full too long. but I do understand the misery of feeling too full. When I have felt that way there's three things that I can do. One take a walk two throw it up three have it come out the other end. those seem to be the only things that help me get to the point of not being miserable.

Well I learned my lesson. Any form of lean meat I eat I have to eat really small bites that are well chewed. The same "stuck" feeling happened last night with a well-lubricated chicken thigh. However, two nights ago I had another porkchop and mindfully made smaller pieces and chewed better. I had no problems with that porkchop.

This is definitely a change for me from just having my vsg. I hope this helps out another revision ds.

Wow. I really thought my first year "Stuck like a brick" feeling (until puked up) from dense protein was a SLEEVE issue. Never considered it had anything to do with my reworked bowels. But if your sleeve was untouched I guess it has to be that. I truly sympathize. It HURTS.

Yeah I wouldn't have believed it either if I had a virgin ds. But it really is my gut being rearranged. It does suck and my brain needed to go through it twice to understand the importance of not eating regular bites of dense protein.

Maybe your body is saying it isn't ready for dense solid protein like pork chops. 12 years later I still have to be very careful with pork chops. I love them but they do give me the "stuck" feeling if I go to fast or too big with bites. Slow down if it's only been 5 weeks. Careful!

I'm 13 weeks post virgin DS and I can only just in the past two weeks have I been able to handle small slivers of dense proteins on some days, other days I can't seem to process it. I always slice mine paper thin and against the grain, and I always have a sauce, or butter, or sour cream, or anything slippery to help it slide on down. Even with all that, I still sometimes have it feel stuck and end up throwing up after half an hour or so.

When you get hand or foot surgery, the surgeon will tell you that it can swell for up to six months, and I'm sure it is the same with our guts. We've all had a lot done, and we can't see just how major it was, so we forget to go easy on our injured parts.

I'm 13 weeks post virgin DS and I can only just in the past two weeks have I been able to handle small slivers of dense proteins on some days, other days I can't seem to process it. I always slice mine paper thin and against the grain, and I always have a sauce, or butter, or sour cream, or anything slippery to help it slide on down. Even with all that, I still sometimes have it feel stuck and end up throwing up after half an hour or so.

When you get hand or foot surgery, the surgeon will tell you that it can swell for up to six months, and I'm sure it is the same with our guts. We've all had a lot done, and we can't see just how major it was, so we forget to go easy on our injured parts.
Very true. And each person is different. Well lubed dense protein at 13 weeks was easy for me. But even now, pork chops can be iffy, depending on how they are cooked. A pork roast may be easier.

Latest posts

Back