please help asap

I am 2 weeks out...my doc said zero cal was only thing i could have first 8 days water...broth...tea...sf popcycles...only liquids... no protiens (omg i would kill for a heeping spoon of peanut butter)
...it was tuff being weak from the non cal first week it really got old.....how many post op diets are there....im confused....
I sure wish you the best in getting to the normal i hear is coming.....but as i said i am in the boat that is just ahead of yours....keep the wind at your back...
Shifty out

It took me four months before I could eat more than 2-4 bites of anything, stand the taste of water and some other favorite foods, and drink milk without barfing. Please don't judge the results of your surgery by these first few weeks.

After my RNY, I was on Pepcid AC chewables, 2 tabs twice a day then tapered down. If you can't swallow pills yet, this might be an option.

I too had the pain from even the smallest swallows. If cold is not bothersome for you (ONLY thing that worked for me for a time) then try freezing some of your liquid into a pop, like the sf cranberry juice. The stomach is still swollen from surgery, and for me the cool helped calm it and reduce the swelling. Even some of my protein drinks were tolerable as pops.

Latest posts

Back