Oficially 1 week post-op update.

My recovery has been awesome! I have been walking a mile a day on the treadmill at a slow pace so I don't hurt anything but still get up and get the blood flowing.
I have been getting 80 - 100 grams protein in and at least 100 ounces of water a day. Started on a multivitamin and calcium citrate. Im going to keep adding in vitamins unless something bugs me.
I started my journey at 293#, SW 279#, and my current weight is 269#. So I have lost 24 pounds in 3 weeks.
My only downfall so far was adding silk milk into my protein drink instead of water. I was so gassy yesterday it was terrible. I spent a lot of time in the bathroom sitting on the throne. lol
I wont be doing that anytime soon!

Excellent news! Keep up the great work and positive attitude. We have to do it this time brother!! All the best.

Great news Jim! You're really doing well! I'm 3 1/2 weeks out and feel pretty good, but I'm not walking a mile on the treadmill! I'm chasing 5 pugs around everyday (I should put on my fitbit) and thats lots of up and down, my largest incision is still a little sore! I also tire a little easy...I cleaned my house on Sunday, and had to keep sitting down and taking "breaks" - changing the sheets was a challenge. Great to see your progress....it will just get better and better each day! Cheers to us!

Today I am 2 weeks post-op and I have to say things are still going great. Im at 261# that's 8 pounds since last week. Ive been doing a mile and a half on the treadmill and getting in all my vitamins. I have been drinking most of my protein but I have started getting some from soft foods like eggs, yogurt, and refried beans.

So... I am 5 days post op from sleeve to DS revision. Things have been going well for me too. When ya'll were talking about poop...when exactly will I poop and when will I start losing weight??????????? I know, I know, I have read everything and I have put the scale away. I know we come home with air and fluids, at least I haven't GAINED but you would think 5 days out things would be moving, both in the poo department and scale department.

Today I went to my son's last basketball game of the season. That's my claim to fame for today.

I didn't want to hijack the post but a few days ago you were talking about poo and I'm still waiting. (not uncomfortable at all).

Bravo, @jim1969 keep up the good work!

So... I am 5 days post op from sleeve to DS revision. Things have been going well for me too. When ya'll were talking about poop...when exactly will I poop and when will I start losing weight??????????? I know, I know, I have read everything and I have put the scale away. I know we come home with air and fluids, at least I haven't GAINED but you would think 5 days out things would be moving, both in the poo department and scale department.

Today I went to my son's last basketball game of the season. That's my claim to fame for today.

I didn't want to hijack the post but a few days ago you were talking about poo and I'm still waiting. (not uncomfortable at all).

Bravo, @jim1969 keep up the good work!
I am surprised you were sent home before pooping. I think it was within a day or two for me....not much but a little. Should be coming. Just get your fluids in and it should happen. The weight takes a while. I had 30 pounds of fluids in me....so it takes a little time

When ya'll were talking about poop...when exactly will I poop and when will I start losing weight???????????
Were you able to pass gas? Pooping isn't as critical since your system was cleaned out before surgery and you aren't putting much more than liquid in right now.

As for weight loss...it WILL happen. Watch for NSV's right now.

Great news Jim! You're really doing well! I'm 3 1/2 weeks out and feel pretty good, but I'm not walking a mile on the treadmill! I'm chasing 5 pugs around everyday (I should put on my fitbit) and thats lots of up and down, my largest incision is still a little sore! I also tire a little easy...I cleaned my house on Sunday, and had to keep sitting down and taking "breaks" - changing the sheets was a challenge. Great to see your progress....it will just get better and better each day! Cheers to us!

Heya Pug lady :D I am so glad that you're doing well!! I've been thinking about you. I've been so busy I haven't had time to get onto the forums so I've missed quite a bit.

And @jim1969 - wow, you're doing so well!! I wish you all the best - sounds like you are off to a brilliant start!

@SJB41976 Poop will happen. My first (tiny) poop wasn't until day 5 or 6. For several weeks it was only once every 4 days. You haven't eaten anything so you certainly can't gain. Hang in there.

I am surprised you were sent home before pooping.

Were you able to pass gas? Pooping isn't as critical since your system was cleaned out before surgery and you aren't putting much more than liquid in right now.

I passed gas before I got out of the hospital. And I am passing gas, no problem. But "they" (nurses) told me it is normal and everyone is different about the poop.

Thanks, everyone.

Latest posts

Back