Norco, Sleeping pills or both?

I wrecked my shoulder. Labrum, rotator cuff, and they moved my bicep tendon so it quit pulling on the tear. I had that big sling/pillow thing for I'd say 2 months? Then PT forever. I was off work for a solid 9 months - slept in a recliner for at least a year. I'd recommend trying PT because the surgery sucks ass, the shoulder is better but not normal.

On the other note I have not tried sleep pills like that. Tylenol PM works so-so but not a long term fix. Had some decent luck with liquid Melatonin. I guess it depends on WHY you are waking up. Is it from pain? Apnea perhaps? Or screwed up sleep patterns?
Actually I should really rephrase this. I have more of a problem goIng back to sleep sometimes after getting up to go the bathroom which is to poop or make sure I don't shart. I do pee a couple times as well ..... So waking to go to the bathroom is really the root cause, but many times it isn't like get up now or I am going to wet the bed (or worse) . So I am thinking if I had something to keep me out until I really had to go maybe I would sleep better.

Sorry about your shoulder experience. A BIL and a nephew both had shoulder surgery and the recoveries were hard on them. One was pretty successful and the other not so much (the younger much more in shape guy). Watching them and hearing others like you have made me stick to the pt path for now and surgery as last result. Diana is the only person who you know who had such a great success.

"does this stuff knock you out so much that I wouldn't wake up if I need to crap?"
Nope. I get up at least twice a night to pee, and generally overnight pooping - which happens, though rarely - is much more noticeable. The only thing is - and I can't say this matters whether I've taken Lunesta or not - a slight shart might not be noticed, because I do fart in my sleep. I had a minor issue the other day, but I think I had a stomach bug.
Yeah I fart knowingly in bed sometimes, but had a not awake event a few weeks back when I was really oil slicking for some reason (still not sure why but it has improved).

Thanks.. I am going on a golf trip next week so going to get one more script of norco because I am going to be sore (hope my one bud brings some weed!!!!! :D. ) but then I am going to try some sleep pill when I get back

Thanks

I'm also taking 10 mg melatonin at night a while before I want to go to sleep - it's hit or miss - if I notice that I'm getting sleepy, and ride the wave to sleepville, I'm good (at least for falling asleep initially), but if I'm still on the computer or watching TV, and miss the wave, it's gone.

Yeah I fart knowingly in bed sometimes, but had a not awake event a few weeks back when I was really oil slicking for some reason (still not sure why but it has improved).

Thanks.. I am going on a golf trip next week so going to get one more script of norco because I am going to be sore (hope my one bud brings some weed!!!!! :D. ) but then I am going to try some sleep pill when I get back

Thanks

Latest posts

Back