My luck is holding…still underwater

Spiky Bugger

We moved out of our house. MiniSue and her guy moved in. He’s been off this week setting up his office and dreading having to go back to work Monday.

So it wasn’t completely devastating when his entire department was laid off this morning.

I always get the deadbeat tenants!

He’ll be okay; he has a savings account and he’ll get unemployment and severance pay; they will be okay; his ex might get a little pissy as he informs her that her health insurance is now primary and, oh…yeah…it COULD even mean her child support will increase. (That’s a weird thing. When they divorced, they had 50-50 custody and she made more money than he did. So she had to pay SOME child support to him. Over time, they both got pay raises and didn’t want the other to know. So nobody took anybody to court for an increase or decrease. The layoff COULD change the Cone of Silence. I don’t know about her income, but his is more than twice what it was when the support was set up. It could get interesting.)

They will be okay. Like my kid said, “I know the landlords.”

Good News: guess who will be available to help out with our upcoming giant yard sale!

Here's to hoping that new, better doors open and swiftly for him. And that your tag sale goes well!

Latest posts

Back