Too Lengthy Tome on CANNABIS Delivery Day!

Spiky Bugger

I’m in CA. It’s all legal here. I could get the medical certification, but the cost of that, plus the cost to file those documents with the state will exceed the “savings” on the OUTRAGEOUS taxes. How outrageous, you ask? I think it’s right about an additional 28% on top of the 10% sales tax. But they don’t get rid of all 28% with the certification.

I’d agree with taxes if this were for a party, but topical stuff to rub into my arthitic knees is NOT a good party treat.

I use cannabis, occasionally, to extend the time between doses of opioids. My doctors are aware. My opioids are prescribed for the recommended SIX hours between doses. That doesn’t work. Never has. It goes like this:

6:00 am—take pill
6:45 am—my head can feel it, pain relief BEGINS slowly at this point
7:15 am—usually, this is where pain relief works
8:45 am—pain relief begins to wane
9:00 am—I’m hurting again, and pissed that there isn’t better relief available…and then…knowing that in the hospital, it’s FOUR hours…I wait until

10:00am—when I take the next pill and again wait another 1.25 hours for pain relief.

This means that in an 8-hour-period, from 6:00 am to 2:00 pm, I spend about 3.5 hours with no pain relief. Now there ARE days that I’m not hurting very much and the opioids actually work for longer periods, so I wait longer between doses. AND, because I’m elderly and occasionally subject to “paradoxical reactions,” opioids can work like drinking a few double espressos, so I don’t take them after about 7:30-8:00pm, so I can sleep.

But when I DO use the cannabis, usually tincture drops under the tongue around 8:00 am if I remember, the pain does not return at 9:00 am and that 10:00 am “fix” gets skipped, which is a good thing.

If the STUPID federal government would figure out that cannabis IS a medication, not only could actual research begin, but it would save a lot of people a lot of money and help them with less toxic pain relief.

PLUS, this order includes both pomegranate and lemonade flavor gummies! Way tastier than opiods.

(I don’t know if anyone actually CARES, but this is one cannabis user’s experience.)

One website says that in WV, you can qualify for medical use if you have one of these:

• Cancer
  • Position status for human immunodeficiency virus or acquired immune deficiency syndrome
  • Amyotrophic lateral sclerosis
  • Parkinson’s disease
  • Multiple sclerosis
  • Damage to the nervous tissue of the spinal cord with objective neurological indication of intractable spasticity
  • Epilepsy
  • Neuropathies
  • Huntington’s disease
  • Crohn’s disease
  • Post-traumatic stress disorder
  • Intractable seizures
  • Sickle cell anemia
  • Severe chronic or intractable pain of neuropathic origin or severe chronic or intractable pain
  • Terminal illness that is defined as a medical prognosis of life expectancy of approximately one year or less if the illness runs its normal course

Never had any luck with the oral stuff. I wish there was a way to KNOW if you are getting the legit product or just some snake oil. Glad it works for you though!

Never had any luck with the oral stuff. I wish there was a way to KNOW if you are getting the legit product or just some snake oil. Glad it works for you though!

So far, I stick with brand names* and keep my fingers crossed. It can take a couple of hours to work its way through your system. At first, I only wanted CBD, not THC, the part that makes you “high.” But then I ran into your problem, I think…is this it? Is it working? Do I need more?

Then I read that combo products are better for pain (and inflammation) and had the added benefit, for me, of letting me know that something was happening. I then moved to CBD:THC ratios like 20:1 or 10:1. A teeny, tiny semi-euphoric feeling. But I was so “unhigh” and used so little that I now have products that are mostly 1:1.

*Papa & Barkley tinctures, Mary’s Medicinals tincture and topical, Kanha gummies, Wyld gummies.

If the STUPID federal government would figure out that cannabis IS a medication, not only could actual research begin, but it would save a lot of people a lot of money and help them with less toxic pain relief.
amen, Sister.

yes, they want you to sign up for classes or whatever, but you can get a lot of good and FREE info about Cannabis generally on healer.com

I have probably posted the link before, but it really is good info.

https://healer.com/category/cannabis-and-opioids

:)

Latest posts

Back