New to group...

Jloomom92

Hello & Happy New Year! I just got approval for my VSG surgery. Can anyone tell me about the recovery time? That would depend on my surgery date. Thanks.

Howdy and welcome! This is a big operation, so you need to understand that it will take a couple months to heal 100%. But you will likely be up and around within a day of surgery and able to care for yourself entirely within just a few days. Have you ever had surgery before? We have a thread on the main board titled "Never had surgery, here's what to expect" to give you some idea of what happens.

Welcome! I did not have VSG so can't speak from experience, but lots of good info can be found in the thread that Elizabeth referred to above. Someone will come along soon...
Glad to have you here!

Howdy and welcome! This is a big operation, so you need to understand that it will take a couple months to heal 100%. But you will likely be up and around within a day of surgery and able to care for yourself entirely within just a few days. Have you ever had surgery before? We have a thread on the main board titled "Never had surgery, here's what to expect" to give you some idea of what happens.
Thanks. I've had a major surgery before but never WL surgery. I appreciate the group info.

:welcomeboard:@Jloomom92
My sister and father both had VSG and had very different recovery times. At 27, she was shopping at the mall less than a week later. At 63, my dad just started feeling like himself, energy wise, after a month.

:welcomeboard:@Jloomom92
My sister and father both had VSG and had very different recovery times. At 27, she was shopping at the mall less than a week later. At 63, my dad just started feeling like himself, energy wise, after a month.
Thanks for the info. Very intuitive.

hello & glad to see you here. there is a big variation in how you will feel: I felt fantastic after only a couple days but I know people who felt terrible. it really varies.

:welcome:

hello & glad to see you here. there is a big variation in how you will feel: I felt fantastic after only a couple days but I know people who felt terrible. it really varies.

:welcome:
Thanks so much! I'm glad your surgery went well. I appreciate the info.

It's all individual. I had an open DS and was up walking the same day, no problems at all. Probably because they wouldn't take the compression booties off till I was mobile and they scared the crap out of me every time they inflated!

Stay positive!

Latest posts

Back