Hello from California

Thanks for the details. Yes, please share your labs and values as that can give us the bigger picture.

We know your protein is low so the sources you are currently using don’t seem to be doing you any favors. I think that’s a good first step, swap your current proteins for a whey isolate protein. I personally like the True Nutrition brands but there are a lot of options out there. Dymatize and Optimum Nutrition are two other popular choices.

Since it seems you are OK at throwing money at problems (meaning you are paying for Soylent and Huel), you might consider a meal service like Factor_. They have keto meals that taste great and can really help with the meal prep part of life. They take 2 minutes in the microwave and are quite portable.

And I’ll add, Doctors are human beings. They don’t always have the answers. It’s often up to us to run experiments and see what works for us. We are all so unique that what works for one may not work for another.

I started taking enzymes. I think one month of enzymes will help me improve all my things that are low like protein.

Seriously go to Dr. Rabkin's group. There will be 20 DSers there two doctors and a nurse who can answer your questions on this.

I'll try. I've never managed to remember to go. For real I have a alarm that goes off the second Wednesday of every month as I try to remember to zoom.

Tell me if I forgot to block my name please. This is my DS tests I just had done.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240110_044219_Google PDF Viewer~2.jpg
    Screenshot_20240110_044219_Google PDF Viewer~2.jpg
    282.7 KB · Views: 3
  • Screenshot_20240110_044211_Google PDF Viewer~2.jpg
    Screenshot_20240110_044211_Google PDF Viewer~2.jpg
    261.4 KB · Views: 3
  • Screenshot_20240110_044226_Google PDF Viewer~4.jpg
    Screenshot_20240110_044226_Google PDF Viewer~4.jpg
    184.7 KB · Views: 3
Well I have 1 months supply of creon enzymes and ignoring my fear of gaining weight lol I'm hoping taking them helps me absorb everything. Maybe 1 month is long enough to gain ten pounds and bring my protein back up. I don't want to lose muscle again because of my protein, like I said I lost ten pounds while working out a couple years ago because I was not getting enough protein.. can't let that happen again.
Maybe I'll like the enzymes ‍♂ I dunno who I'm so scared of them I've taken them twice before...
But.. I am.
Thanks for the information this is the best site ever

Can any of you tell me how many calories you eat or your macros?

$12 bucks for that vs a $3 dollar soylent or a $5 huel instant meal..
All 3 have the same calories though huel and soylent contain more nutrients I think. But I see the point of o hag that money I would prefer to order all my food premade for sure..

I don't think I can afford these on a regular basis..

I'll just have to learn to cook my own food.

I just happen to be working full time right now but normally I only work part time.. I'm looking for a new better job but ‍♂️ haven't found anything better then being a waiter yet. I have a very good paying job just normally I only get part time. Thank God my CO worker has a baby lol I get the rest of the month to myself!

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240110_051748_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20240110_051748_Chrome.jpg
    145.7 KB · Views: 3
Can any of you tell me how many calories you eat or your macros?
Calories don’t really matter with malabsorption but macros do. I am for enough protein to keep my protein at a lab level of 7. Fat about 120-150, and since I am trying to gain weigh, I eat a fair amount of carbs. If trying to lose, we say between 30-50 total carbs.

Hey, glad you found your way over here! I'm the one who messaged you on the other site to try this one or the FB group to talk to actual DS people. I agree that the protein sources you are using aren't ideal for a DSer. You want "whey protein isolate" not just "whey". Whey protein isolate is much better assimilated by the body and should make a difference in your protein labs with a few months of supplementation. It might also help with the muscle gain.

Dymatize is good. Optimum Nutrition is good too though it tastes like one of those classic body builder shakes and I gave mine away. LOL But it IS quite easy to get your hands on. I prefer Syntrax. The Syntrax Nectar fruit flavors are a water based juice-like whey protein isolate. Syntrax also has some milky/creamy flavors in the Nectar line that are whey protein isolate combined with whey like this one: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01M5JOM4C/ I also like Seeq, it is another water based juice-like protein water that is whey protein isolate based. I got a sample pack recently and absolutely love them! I've heard Ghost can be pretty tasty too.

Where you live you may be able to find some low carb/keto meal delivery services to supplement your food with if you really don't want to cook. I did Factor when I was trying to lose weight pre-op and they were tasty, but I got bored of the food eventually. I tend to go shop at Costco, really watching the carb level, and get things like chicken, fish, and beef options that can be heated up and a sauce or dressing added to them for an easy meal. Frozen veggies can work that way too, some you can even get pre-seasoned, though again, carbs may be an issue depending on how many you are eating. Fish I have found is one of the most nutrient dense, easy to eat proteins around. Surf around on YouTube, you can learn to cook just about anything on there!

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
I'm working Wednesdays I can never catch his meeting. Though I'll try to pop in at the end. But I know about Rabkin zoom meetings already the doctor told me about them last time...

Should I stop counting calories and just eat at much as I can go gain weight? I'm starting to think maybe this slowly increasing my calories is my issue. I could eat restaurant food like tuna melts and steak sandwiches but I avoid them because I don't know the calories.. just thinking maybe 4200 isn't enough. Thanks. I'll catch the Rabkin appointment next month for sure. I'll take the day off from work. Thanks

Latest posts

Back