Need good thoughts and prayers

I am glad she is getting along well Liz and that your SIL is doing a great J Blige helping out. Your daughter is obviously strong like her Momma so she is going to recover well. It stinks to see our kids hurting though, so hang in there.

I am glad she is getting along well Liz and that your SIL is doing a great J Blige helping out. Your daughter is obviously strong like her Momma so she is going to recover well. It stinks to see our kids hurting though, so hang in there.
I've called her my daughter all of our marriage but she has a bio mom (who is as helpless as they come). She just happens to be strong like her dad.

Had a text from a son in law this morning.

Oldest daughter was hit by a truck yesterday (she was walking to her car in a crosswalk) and is thankfully okay but very bruised with two broken wrists. She's going to have a tough recovery but is in great spirits and is home. We appreciate all the kind thoughts and prayers as she will need them throughout her recovery.

Dh was getting in the shower when the text came in...read enough to tell me to read it! So I did, then called, EXPECTING to talk to my MIL. Actually talked to daughter. She was in a good mood considering she had two casts from the middle of her fingers to up above her elbows. (They just got her in casts in the ER). She was going to get into an ortho to get the casts redone and hopefully free up her elbows at least.

She sent an email (HOW, I don't know) to her boss...she works IT at the hospital where she ended up in the ER. Then she was able to get a cell signal, called him and told him, "Read Email ASAP, bye". He was still there so he came down to the ER to give her moral support. Altho at one point, he said..."you do know you have a hole in your pants at your butt". She said, GEE THANKS!!

Personal hygiene is going to be a real issue for her for awhile. And I really hope she has taught her dh how to change her insulin pump cannella (she's a type 1 on a pump). Cause she's not gonna have the ability to do it herself for about 6 weeks.

We are just lucky she is alive. Driver said he just didn't see her.
Thank goodness for voice recognition so she doesn't have to type. It can send out some questionable and alarming "typos" on her behalf. I hope she has a quick a pain free recovery.

How's your daughter doing now? Hope she's feeling comfortable and has lots of assistance on hand, as it were.

Oh that's going to be really frustrating for her. I'm relieved it wasn't more serious but I hope her bones knit quickly. Thinking of you and your daughter xo

Wishing your daughter and smooth and thorough recovery. There are many assistive technologies out there so hopefully she will find a combination that works for her.

All her bruising is finally showing up...LOTS of it. Massive bruise on one of her knees. They had done an Xray but didn't see any damage to the leg. However they will also be doing MRI's this week.

Considering she has to still have help to eat and going to the bathroom and other basic necessities, she seems to be in good spirits.

All her bruising is finally showing up...LOTS of it. Massive bruise on one of her knees. They had done an Xray but didn't see any damage to the leg. However they will also be doing MRI's this week.

Considering she has to still have help to eat and going to the bathroom and other basic necessities, she seems to be in good spirits.
Poor lady. She is a trooper because that is rough.

I hope the bruising resolves rapidly and am glad that she's in decent spirits. She must be so frustrated at the temporary loss of independence this type of injury clearly would create. I really feel for her.

oh my goodness, how awful - but I'm glad it isn't worse and that she is in good spirits. I hope she is more functional soon.

Holy smokes, that sounds rough! Hope all heals quickly for her. She sounds like a strong one. :)

I hope she has a lawyer. There is no excuse for hitting a pedestrian in a cross walk. Hope she is getting better and has freed her elbows!

Latest posts

Back