My sister died today.

I am so sorry - I wish I could think of something that would help. :085:
I'm glad you feel you can share the story with us.

Trying so very hard to keep up with my own health it seems my order for protein shakes has been on back order from Vit. Shoppe f0r the last 10 days. The brick and mortar is also out. A month ago I had 2 back teeth pulled getting them ready for implants. One healed fine the other splintered the bone in the gum and had to go in and do a redo. At the same time I had an gut infection that had been going on for many months and they had me on 3 different kinds of antibiotics. So weight was a little low for me but was doing ok. This shitty snow and freezing weather has put my much needed protein shakes in otter space. No one seems to know where my 6 tubs are and when I will receive them, and the store is out and don't know when they can get more in.

Trying to keep my stress low, as this causes me and many DSer's not to be able to eat. Sitting with my dead sister in the emergency with a tube in her mouth waiting for her 24yr. old daughter driving from Chicago thinking her mom was taken in because of a psy epsoide broke me. Her 20yr. son who sat with me. He was so very close to his mom. Still living at home when not in school and on breaks. No, No please Chris you can't lay with her. Please Chris, get off her. She can not slide over you can not lay next to her. Please someone help me. Chris left. 4o minutes later after going home he walks in with his mothers coat on and her hat I had given to her for Christmas. She loved that hat. Chris is a very tall and slender man, my sister was very large. The coat was red with black buttons and hat that matched. The nursce bless her heat came in called someone and they took Chris with them. Her daughter walked in. Grabbed a hold of the bed and fell to the floor Screaming. Tried to grab the tube out of her mouth telling her this was not the time to be sucking on her beloved suckers. Jenny your mom has passed. What came next I can't repeat as the words were so harsh, but she was yelling all the doctors she has seen in the last 2 months why why why. They killed her. Were going home come on mom. Karen get mom I'll met you in the car. I lost my sister today. I lost my sister today. I lost my sister today.

It was 3 in the morning when I left the hospital. I asked my daughters to take over with their cousins as I can not. They stepped up to the plate. I am in my room. I want to be left alone. I want to remember Diane. I can not let all the noise it. I knew this was going to happen and prepared my family for when this day would come. My husband took off work and so did my daughters. I want to be left alone.My sister had no money, nor does her kids. I told my kids to let the kids plan the funeral. Just walk them through it and then call me. My sister will have a nice funeral but it has to be the way her kids want. So Chris has still been wearing his mom's coat and hat and won't take it off. They want suckers of many different colors as these were her favorites to be on the casket instead of flowers. My last gift will be paying for her funeral. Diane made me a better person. Challenged me to my core in how I seen things. This is the least I can do. I don't care if coats are worn, hats, wigs, suckers are passed out. She was loved, she will be missed. Did I say I am broke. Letting me vent here is saving me. I am going crazy inside. eat eat eat, sip sip sip.

I live in Indiana. Ground to solid. Below Freezing. Call just came in to me. Chris wants his mom home as he belives his mom will not make it through the night if she does not get home as her car heater has been not working good. Can I pleases go get her. Chris where do you think she is. With you. No Chris, she is with her maker now. I'll be over soon. Can you stop at the store mom is out of suckers. Yes Chris, I'll be right over. Keep me and my family in your prayers.

Dearest Karen - this post is heartbreaking on so many levels - I have been sitting here weeping for you. But I am also SO SO proud of you. You were the best sister - despite your own troubles, you did the best you - or anyone - could for her. Your own children and their strength and stepping up to help you and their cousins during this difficult time are beautiful proof of this.

Please take care of yourself. Make sure someone is paying attention to your father too - this must be unbearable for him as well. And please - consider calling social services to get help with your nephew, who is clearly in need of help that may be beyond what you and your children can provide.

And when you get past this crisis phase of dealing with your sister's passing, I hope you will consider contacting an attorney. This sounds like negligence/wrongful death/malpractice to me (not my field of law, but worth a look). If there is a question about performing an autopsy, I would agree to it.

We are here for you.

So sorry to learn about your sister. And so sorry to hear you still have to be strong for her children when you should have peace and help all around you. Wishing you strength for yourself and the others in your life.

My heart aches for you and your family. I am so sorry for your loss and humbled by your love and compassion for your sister.

I am so glad Diane had you. Please take care of yourself and know that we are here to support and help you.

MsVee

Oh sweetie my heart breaks for you and your family. I feel the pain you are dealing with and the love and compassion you have for your family.

My thoughts and prayers are offered to you and yours during this most difficult times. Please allow family and friends help anyway they can. Take care of yourself.

I am sorry for your loss. I know it doesn't make it one bit easier. I cry EVERY SINGLE DAY ON THE way to work and home because I loss my mother in September. May it get easier with time.

Latest posts

Back