My sister died today.

Karen, I am so very sorry for your loss of Diane. I wish I could help. I have friends in the Purdue community and W. Lafayette area. I am just north of Chicago. Please PM me if there is anything I can do to help during this difficult time.

I am sooo sorry for your pain and loss! I can only imagine how you feel! I have a (twin) sister who's situation is very similar. I never know when I will get THAT call...that she's gone. I love her and have tried all my life to help her...and continue to do that. But as you know all too well our mental health system is severely broken and our loved ones continue to fall through the cracks! I FEEL your pain feeder.......

I am praying so hard for you and the rest of your family......

A cold wind blows and at the end of the day my deed is done. Or so I thought. All of you that have listened to me tell of my thoughts and open my heart up to total strangers I want you to know I am so grateful you were here for me. Although I try through my life to take things in stride, carry many things with me so that others can look at a situation and make their own decision as to what is truth , decrement when to speak what to say and who too, comes hard for me as growing up it was a free for all. I do believe I will keep working on this till my last breath. Again thank you for being here and letting me vent.

Denise give me back the money and let me decide on the menu and the people who will be serving this last meal for my sister. Why? Because I feel as though you have not been up front about your church and what they can and can not provide. Why do you feel this way she asks. For one, why did you say we could have a meal, and then the next day when meeting with your pastor I find out it can only be snacks. You then left the room to talk amongst your self's came back and said it would be ok. Giving you the money to make the decision on food and how many workers, what kind of workers when your church does not do this would not be wise on my part. Wine and imported beer, cheese and nuts, I know you know about, but feeding 140 people hot diner food you do not. She then agreed this was over her and the talents of her church. I got a hold of my close friends and we were able to put on a huge feast to everybody's liking. My sister would be proud. Her kids loved it. Good home cooked food and fellowship. Turkey-3, Ham-3, chicken and gravy-(Ky. fried) coupons came in handy for this. Barb-b-q Pork sandwiches. Cheesy potatoes, Green beans, corn, Mac and Cheese, Baked beans, Cole slaw, Rolls and butter. 4 other type of salads, just don't know the name of. All of this was made by 4 close friends of mine. We then put the word out to our senior dance friends for deserts. OMG can the seniors cook deserts. I then had my daughters get together a clean up crew for afterwards.

Denise it is very upsetting when I get a phone call from a friend telling me they are upset that a dead body is in their church. You knew a coupe people in Dad's and my line dance friends attended your church. They are looking for answers from me. Why would you put dad in the middle of this? He told them to call me as he knew nothing about any of this. I have no answers. When talking to them they tell me no dead body is ever suppose to be in the church that includes ashes. All I could tell them was I was sorry this has happened and are truly sorry they are hurt but that I was unaware of this.

The day before the funeral Jenny her daughter decides her mother was catholic and wants her buried in the church her mother was baptized in, where they were all baptized in and went to school until 3 grade. My sister stopped going to church her husband had an affair with several women from the church and Diane just stopped going. Her husband was fine with it. I always thought this was one more thing to cut her off from friends and church as he knew we lived in a small town and news gets around fast and this was a way to keep the news from getting to her.

Jenny, it is just to late in the game to be changing all the arrangements to the catholic church. My daughter who is 28 helped Jenny plan this tells me Jenny is sad. She didn't realize there was going to be no prayer cards, no catholic songs, no rosary's, bible, cross, reading form the bible. Now mind you Jenny herself is 26 lives in Chicago and has been on her own for awhile now. Why did she say she wanted it at my sisters church if in fact she did not. Jenny I don't know a lot about this church, but I do know good people go to this church. They are opening up their church for your mother, let us be glad. Now if you want all the rest of the things Vanda tells me, hey I think we can make that happen. So lets plan on meeting at the church early and I will have the things you requested and I am sure the church will be fine with these items.

Diane thanks for posting Diane's link. I seem to be missing the other half of this post. Lost it somewhere when I went to post. Is there a reason it only posted half. I know my post are long, don't get out much. Is there a limit on how many words we can use or is it just a snag. I'll retype the ending tomorrow.

Karen, all my thoughts and prayers have been with you thru this...

Diane thanks for posting Diane's link. I seem to be missing the other half of this post. Lost it somewhere when I went to post. Is there a reason it only posted half. I know my post are long, don't get out much. Is there a limit on how many words we can use or is it just a snag. I'll retype the ending tomorrow.
Yes, but the limit is WAY up there cause I made it exceedingly high for the posting of medical articles. Normal is 10,000 characters, I tripled that.

Latest posts

Back