I think MrSue’s sister is gonna die too soon.

Spiky Bugger

She is 68 years old. Made some lousy choices in life. Mother of the sex-offender son who did jail time and then died a few days later because he thought he could play on social media while driving. (She’s convinced he’s up in heaven keeping her mom company until she gets there.)

Anyway…got this info yesterday:

I am having trouble getting my blood pressure under control, so now taking it every day 3 times a day for 2 weeks. Even though I am
on Entresto and Carvedilol for heart and blood pressure twice a day.

and

“still can't gain weight 104.6 [she’s about 5’7”]Thursday at the kidney DR. appointment, my vitamin D was high so now will take once a month instead weekly.
all other blood work was good.

I was under the impression that those drugs are for seriously ill people. Any wisdom out there?

If that height and weight are accurate, her bmi is about 16.4. That's too low, and while all of us here have struggled with trying to lose weight, unexplained low weight (or weight loss) can be a sign of some underlying medical problem. I hope she has a pcp who can coordinate a full work-up to figure out why. Also, to get her blood pressure under control - there are so many effective drugs available, if the ones she's on aren't adequate, this should be adddressed.
Bottom line, I share your concern and hope she is advocating for herself and will get the care she needs.

She’s been working as a vet tech…so science-y things are discussed in her presence. But I doubt she’s stopped smoking yet. It’s just sad. And also sad because I can’t send MrSue alone, And I’m not up for travel right now. AARGH!

Last edited:
where does she live?
In rural Southern Indiana. No doctor in her town. She didn’t like the doctor in the next town because he was “Indian or something, but not the kind of Indian from here.”

So, you can see why MrSue and anyone else with a brain left town.

There was a Jewish family. I was one of the two Latinas in town. And my MIL told me not to worry about gaining weight because “all Mexican women get fat because they are such good cooks.” I think you get the picture.

I don’t suppose she participates much in her health care.

(Okay…so there was this time I got really bitchy. We were visiting and my MIL said, “Have you see your sister-in-law yet? She’s a size seven.”

I couldn’t help myself so I said, “No! I need to find her and see how she’s doing on getting ready for the GED.”)

If that height and weight are accurate, her bmi is about 16.4. That's too low, and while all of us here have struggled with trying to lose weight, unexplained low weight (or weight loss) can be a sign of some underlying medical problem. I hope she has a pcp who can coordinate a full work-up to figure out why. Also, to get her blood pressure under control - there are so many effective drugs available, if the ones she's on aren't adequate, this should be adddressed.
Bottom line, I share your concern and hope she is advocating for herself and will get the care she needs.

Yup. On THIS coast, we are trying to figure out why I’ve lost 30+ pounds, with no trying or sticking to any weight loss plan. I put on a pair of pants and the waist drops to my KNEES! My GI and I are working on it. But so far, I’m not joining the Creon or Zenpep fan clubs.

Mostly…I eat whatever I want, I eventually have to run to the toilet…then lather, rinse, repeat.

So I think I need another mini Abba Zabba bar.

Last edited:
Yup. On THIS coast, we are trying to figure out why I’ve lost 30+ pounds, with no trying or sticking to any weight loss plan. I put on a pair of pants and the waist drops to my KNEES! My GI and I are working on it. But so far, I’m not joining the Creon or Zenpep fan clubs.

Mostly…I eat whatever I want, I eventually have to run to the toilet…then lather, rinse, repeat.

So I think I need another mini Abba Zabba bar.
We finally figured out that my main culprit was my increased dose of Topamax. I’m still not where they really want me but I’m not flirting with underweight as close as I was. And yeah, I pretty much eat what I want to eat, especially carbs.

I'm sorry your SIL isn't doing well. :( Hope they are able to turn her health situation around. I'm also hoping you are able to figure out and resolve your undesired weight loss. Hugs to you!

Latest posts

Back