More on RVing (please chime in with your stories!)

We got the RV worked on yesterday by CampingWorld:
  • We have a new FantasticFan in the vent near the stove - I hope that will make the inside a little more comfortable in the heat without having to turn on A/C, and will allow us to cook without setting off the smoke detector (when I cook, I call it the timer ...)
  • The electricity situation while driving has been fixed by putting in a new outlet with a 25 amp fuse in the dash to plug in the inverter, into which I can plug my computer, hotspot and phone charger. Still requires draping an extension cord from the dash to the dinette, but I'm good with that.
  • We got the backup camera/GPS system we bought installed, up at the top of the rig in back where it gives a large panoramic view, and connected to the running lights, so that it automatically goes on when the rig is put in reverse, but also can be turned on with the tap on the touchscreen of the GPS so he gets a good look behind when changing lanes.
  • And then, as a concession to the neighbors, we parked it at our storage area for the next few days - but we are planning another trip perhaps as soon as next week, only this time, we're going to try to stay out for 3-4 days and see how that works.
When I find out how the potential situation I have brewing works out (or doesn't), we'll start thinking about getting a toad. And then our transformation into RVers will be more or less complete.

Yaaay! I had no idea all these things existed. Sounds like you are good to go! Do you have a place for the cats or do they stay home?

We are trying to decide whether we can take the cats with us. Two of them are lumpish and would probably be fine. Loki (perfectly named) on the other hand might try to make a dash fir the door. We can pen them in the back when we go out, but while we're in the rig but going in and out is what I'm worried about.

The cat litter pan would fit in the shower stall (and based on the residue of litter that was in there, the previous owners did just that). It would be less worry (and bad behavior when we get home - we're already experiencing one of them peeing on our bed and pooping on the mats in front of the doors to the pool - I assume due to at least one of them expressing their displeasure at being left alone) and inconvenience for the kids who have to come over and feed and water them and clean the poop canoe.

We are trying to decide whether we can take the cats with us. Two of them are lumpish and would probably be fine. Loki (perfectly named) on the other hand might try to make a dash fir the door. We can pen them in the back when we go out, but while we're in the rig but going in and out is what I'm worried about.

The cat litter pan would fit in the shower stall (and based on the residue of litter that was in there, the previous owners did just that). It would be less worry (and bad behavior when we get home - we're already experiencing one of them peeing on our bed and pooping on the mats in front of the doors to the pool - I assume due to at least one of them expressing their displeasure at being left alone) and inconvenience for the kids who have to come over and feed and water them and clean the poop canoe.

I'd bet that you have no idea how much simpler life is for those of us who are completely self-centered. Like me! You are the patron saint of brothers, cats, the mistreated insured and wandering sociopaths...when do YOU go to the top of your list? I could show you how to think only of yourself.

[On our first date, I intentionally said something that REALLY pushed a button for Mr. Sue. He sat there grinding his teeth and I said, "Penny for your thoughts...go ahead, I can handle it."

He said, "I think you are a self-centered, egotistical bitch."

I said, "Hmmmm. Self-centered? I'm 26-years old, single with no kids...who else SHOULD I be thinking about? Egotistical? Well, yes, but for good reason. And Bitch? Honey, you ain't seen nothin' yet."

I guess he wanted to see because 14 days later we got married.

But he can't say he wasn't warned.]

I'd bet that you have no idea how much simpler life is for those of us who are completely self-centered. Like me! You are the patron saint of brothers, cats, the mistreated insured and wandering sociopaths...when do YOU go to the top of your list? I could show you how to think only of yourself.

[On our first date, I intentionally said something that REALLY pushed a button for Mr. Sue. He sat there grinding his teeth and I said, "Penny for your thoughts...go ahead, I can handle it."

He said, "I think you are a self-centered, egotistical bitch."

I said, "Hmmmm. Self-centered? I'm 26-years old, single with no kids...who else SHOULD I be thinking about? Egotistical? Well, yes, but for good reason. And Bitch? Honey, you ain't seen nothin' yet."

I guess he wanted to see because 14 days later we got married.

But he can't say he wasn't warned.]

Lmao you are my new role model!

MsVee

This Grasshopper needs schooling, fershure.

One thing for certain is that I'm not entirely motivated by altruism - there's ALWAYS a little sumpin'-sumpin' in it for me, even if it is feeling useful and a little smug about Paying It Forward.

BIL has one of those signal booster things on his work pickup. It works like a charm, has taken me from zero service to four bars a couple times now. It doesn't matter what carrier you use, either. He uses AT&T and I'm on Verizon, but both worked great. That would be my gadget of choice if I needed to guarantee my connectivity in odd places.

BIL has one of those signal booster things on his work pickup. It works like a charm, has taken me from zero service to four bars a couple times now. It doesn't matter what carrier you use, either. He uses AT&T and I'm on Verizon, but both worked great. That would be my gadget of choice if I needed to guarantee my connectivity in odd places.
If you could ask him what the "signal booster thing" is that he uses and let me know, I'd appreciate it. A potential cheaper solution than buying a satellite system is worth a try.

Latest posts

Back