Mexican Surgery and Going it Alone

open any foreign links in Google Chrome browser and it will ask if you want to translate.

It says how happy he is to be working for Sonora

"My new colleagues from the Ministry of Health, today I join with you and the daily effort to fight for the health of Sonora."

open any foreign links in Google Chrome browser and it will ask if you want to translate.

It says how happy he is to be working for Sonora

"My new colleagues from the Ministry of Health, today I join with you and the daily effort to fight for the health of Sonora."
Thanks, I don't use Google Chrome so automatic translation wasn't handy. But I figured if others had read that, I was fine. :)

I hate to see the only SURE Mexican DS surgeon go away...hope we find out about the other guy soon enough.

As far as I know, Dr. Ungson flies in a few times a month to do the harder surgeries, like the DS. That is how it was when I was there a year ago and the web page still makes it sound that way. He lives in Mexico City.

I would do it alone if I had to.

The way it worked for me, virgin DS, was that they met my plane in CA and drove me everywhere I needed to go until they dropped me off back at the US Airport. I stayed one night in the hotel and then the next six days in the Hospital. They have a bariatric wing and the staff knows what you need before you do. It is a real hospital, they do transplants and deliver babies and everything needed in the region. We had the feeling that the whole point of the bariatric wing was to support the hospital and raise the standard of medical care in that part of the world. The last day I was there I had a leak test and I think they used to send people back to the hotel after that, now they just do that on the last day. My husband was welcome to spend the week staying in my room, but I sent him back to the hotel every night. I didn't need him and I would rather he be happier the next day! The staff was very good. I remember getting sick of the cleaning people coming in so many times a day, but they all took really good care of me. I would have missed my husband emotionally, but I didn't NEED him to be there. The lady across the hall from me just had a friend with her and they seemed to have a fun time exploring together.

I had smooth sailing, but I have very few doubts that they could have handled anything medically. They were very experienced and on the hop.

I'm happy to answer more questions...

We (and I say that loosely as this is my first post, though I have voraciously read much here) will know more about Esquerra shortly. (There may or may not be an audible gulp accompanying the period at the end of that sentence.) I booked with Ungson - and Esquerra, as part of his team - for Thursday of this week. A mixup with emails and I only realized one and a half weeks ago that I would, instead, be seeing Esquerra alone.

I panicked and canceled.

Nina called and soothed.

I am back on the schedule. I fly out Wednesday morning at batshit o'clock.

I will be a revision DS from the VSG, current weight 185/BMI 32.5.

I am sometimes afraid; I expect things to go well. Both are true.

Ve shall see vat ve shall see.

Honey

I had a sister-in-law that had a sleeve done in Mexico and she felt they treated her like royalty. The place was super clean. She had a nurse checking on her all the time, even in the hotel. She just raved about the care and how nice the place was. I had mine done at Phx St. Luke's and I had horrible care by the nurses. They are understaffed and overworked, I understand, but when I am in extreme pain and you haven't hooked me back up to my pain drip after being taken for my leakage test over an hour ago... I am going to be ugly and hurting BAD!!! I think Mexico's accommodations sounds better. I wish I was on school break so I could go with you! I don't want you going alone either, but I don't want you waiting 4 mos and paying double either. Is there Mom, Aunt, Cousin, Friend, Church person... anyone besides your non-caregiver husband?

Hi Honey!
I hope all goes well and I will keep you in my prayers. Please keep us posted if you feel so inclined. May I ask why you are getting a revision?

We (and I say that loosely as this is my first post, though I have voraciously read much here) will know more about Esquerra shortly. (There may or may not be an audible gulp accompanying the period at the end of that sentence.) I booked with Ungson - and Esquerra, as part of his team - for Thursday of this week. A mixup with emails and I only realized one and a half weeks ago that I would, instead, be seeing Esquerra alone.

I panicked and canceled.

Nina called and soothed.

I am back on the schedule. I fly out Wednesday morning at batshit o'clock.

I will be a revision DS from the VSG, current weight 185/BMI 32.5.

Honey

Honey

That seems very normal.

I will join the rest of our brothers and sisters of the knife and send you much strength and good wishes. Let us know everything when you are up for it.

I remember that Ungson trained the guy whose name I can't remember right now, the one that died in the air plane accident, it was then Ungson came out of retirement to save the clinic and cover for his protégé. That guy was considered amazing, second only to Ungson. So, my guess this new guy will be awesome too. It is too important a thing to the clinic and him personally to let it slip.

Until then, load up your devices with mindless drivel, you will need it.

:)

@Brandy it was Dr. Aceves who died in the plane crash. Very sad.

Welcome out of lurkdom, @HoneyChile and congratulations on your brave decision. I would say that someone has to go first excecp that according to the info from Nina you aren't really first. Please let us know how everything goes and your impressions of both your surgeon and the overall quality of care. As you can see from this thread alone, there is tremendous interest.
Wishing you a safe and successful surgery and a positive experience in Mexico.

My very best thoughts go out to you, Honey, for a smooth surgery this week. Please let me (and all of us) know what you think of Esquerra.

Welcome @HoneyChile, I was an Aceves patient, VSG. The hospital, staff and treatment I got was indeed tops. I've been inpatient before in my own city, and had nothing compared to what I had there. I hope, and like to think, that they only have the best on hand.. Looking forward to hearing good reports continue to come out of there.

Latest posts

Back