let's talk about dress sizes....

@Munchkin yeah that's so weird I mean it was good when we were gaining weight but it is kind of scarey to know you have to really be that careful 10 pounds is not a lot of weight.... maybe it will be though once I'm down that small but when your heavier shit u can gain 10 pounds in a week lol I'm sure it's different when your a "normal" size .
Not as scary as it sounds. A 100 pound woman who gains 10lbs has increased her body weight by 10%. A 300lb woman has to gain 30lbs to hit that same 10%!

I don't know if this will hold up with time, but so far that I've noticed that it is when I stop losing weight that my size really changes. I'm starting to look forward to the scale being stalled because that seems to be when I drop a size or two.

My next pair of pants will be the last time I can shop at Torrid. But going just by their sizes, I drop a pants size about every month and a half. I'm a little frightened (but also excited) at the prospect of clothes shopping at a non-plus sized store.

Remember, too, that 1x is actually two sizes (18-20 or 20-22), and 2x is two sizes (22-24, give or take) and 3x is close to a 26-28 and so on.

I seldom shop at QVC, but their sizes are consistent. To move from a size 14 to a 12, you need lose only 1.5 inches at the waist. From a 12 to a 10, again, it's 1.5 inches. But to go from 2X to 1X, you need to lose 4 inches in the waist.

I found most of my clothes in thrift stores, ESP duting the losing phase. Funny thing tho, I bought some 12's and 10's at the same time, THINKING I was good for three weeks to a month....went to put the 10's on when I finally decided the 12's were too big and discovered the 10's were as well. Basically I skipped a size and went straight from a 12 to an 8.

Latest posts

Back