let's talk about dress sizes....

I'm just wondering if anyone else has been confused about this... iam going to be 7 weeks post op (vsg) Monday and iam down 53 pounds and haven't went down not one dress size. When did you guys start being able to move out of the size you were when you had surgery... my clothes are getting looser some more than others .... would love to hear your opinions

The plus sizes give quite a bit of wiggle room. In addition, you are loosing weight all over, not just your stomach so your size takes a minute to go down. Once you move into the "regular" sizes it will be a pain in the neck how often you change. Luckily, I have been this one for a while, I think I will be able to ride out the winter in my current sizes. Large tops, size 8 or 10 pants depending on the style.

And it doesn't help that not there is NOT a standard size with women's clothing. But yeah, what NA said about wiggle room...in the smaller sizes (not plus), you change sizes fast since the difference between a 4 and a 6 in pants is about 1/4 to 1/2 an inch. But the difference between a 22W and a 24 W is more like 3 inches.

You also have to remember that you are probably still swollen from the surgery and you are bloated. I didn't know I was milk intolerant and I dealt with horrid bloat. It wasn't till I stopped using dairy that my tum stayed down. It's gonna happen but it will be in your bodies time. You blink one day and your toes appear! It's like you two appendages with 10 stubby things sticking out ;) It will happen, just wait for your first NSV.

It took me losing 80 pounds to really need to move down a size. 80 pounds! And don't get me started on the sizing inconsistency, it drives me insane! One of my girlfriends just have me a big bag of clothes (one of my TINY girlfriends!) and I tried on two NY & Company dresses, one that was a medium and it was too small, and then another that was an x-small and it fit. Is that stupid or what?

yep, the larger you are the more "room" in your size. as you get smaller, the sizes change faster - at goal even just a couple pounds can make a difference, a couple pounds having been a drop in the bucket for a preop.

It took me losing 80 pounds to really need to move down a size. 80 pounds! And don't get me started on the sizing inconsistency, it drives me insane! One of my girlfriends just have me a big bag of clothes (one of my TINY girlfriends!) and I tried on two NY & Company dresses, one that was a medium and it was too small, and then another that was an x-small and it fit. Is that stupid or what?

Still, pretty freakin' cool that you fit in an extra small ANYTHING! I am so excited for you! I would like to hit and stay in a medium as an end goal. I will never be a small. I am 5'8" and have a medium frame, that's all folks.

There is no logic in dress sizes. None.

Theoretically, once you are out of plus sizes, a 10lb drop should take you down a size but that's not always true. Nothing is always true in women's clothes.

There are clothes in my closet that fit me right now in sizes 8 thru 16. Go figure.

I have been wearing the same 4X/5X/6X sizes for the last 250 pounds or so. Once you get over 4X, there's so little selection that if you want anything other than a muu muu, you have to start developing an eye for really stretchy fabrics in cute prints/designs and learning to accessorize the hell out of things. It's quite possible I'll lose 150 pounds with the first VSG part of my surgery, and still be wearing the same size clothing, heh. I've already dropped almost 100 pounds pre-surgery, and all my clothes still fit just fine! Lol!

@more2adore lol right that's me too I've been a 3x well let's be honest those were even tight when I had my surgery so I get ya. I'm just sick of my three pant and t shirts I've been alternatin between for EVERYDAY lol but 100 pounds good for you!! @newanatomy lol I would also turn it inside out and show that tag off lol. @brooklyngirl that really is awesome you ladies are such an inspiration!

@Munchkin yeah that's so weird I mean it was good when we were gaining weight but it is kind of scarey to know you have to really be that careful 10 pounds is not a lot of weight.... maybe it will be though once I'm down that small but when your heavier shit u can gain 10 pounds in a week lol I'm sure it's different when your a "normal" size .

Latest posts

Back