Kim Bariatric Institute - Dr David Kim, Colleyville, TX

Hmm. Two people who cannot be bothered to post anywhere except to extoll a specific surgeon. I might take my word back in the next five minutes and declare the bullshit too thick to ignore.

Hmm. Two people who cannot be bothered to post anywhere except to extoll a specific surgeon. I might take my word back in the next five minutes and declare the bullshit too thick to ignore.

Well, "bless their hearts."

And please note that posts about how negative "other people" are constitute positive posts? LOL

Kim certainly seems to appeal to a specific group, doesn't he?

Thanks everyone for your replies. My apologies for not fitting your mold of how someone should interact with this group but I'm not gonna apologize for loving my surgeon and sharing that. Feeling a bit more welcome by most and I'll refrain from responding to others as I don't care for sustaining the negative.

take the best and ignore the rest, or something like that. just because it's a cliche doesn't mean I won't post it.

post on!

h58D93B0A

@Elizabeth N. , call me what you want but I'd ask you to refrain from using the word retarded. As the parent of an autistic child with special needs, I find that word offensive - right up there with racial and ethnic slurs.

Spread the word to end the word http://www.r-word.org/ (or is this not acceptable either?)

the best thing to do if you are offended by any of her words is block her, then you won't see them.

I'm OK with the link, if it's a problem someone else will tell me.

I too find the word retarded extremely offensive. I have a son that had strokes before he was born and will never be cognitively above an 18 month old. With that being said @Elizabeth N.'s wealth of information is vast and my skin is pretty damn thick. It would take a lot more for me to "cut off my nose to spite my face" and block her.

I too find the word retarded extremely offensive. I have a son that had strokes before he was born and will never be cognitively above an 18 month old. With that being said @Elizabeth N.'s wealth of information is vast and my skin is pretty damn thick. It would take a lot more for me to "cut off my nose to spite my face" and block her.
yes, I'm liking this.

JoAnn, Bobby my son has abilities. That's the new word being used now. Being on the Indiana Governors Council for disabilities it was 10 yrs. ago I wanted answers as to why every time I turned around they were changing the words to describe a person with abilities. It was person first centered. I understood that, but why all the different ways to describe a person. First I was told because history drives it, what was once acceptable is no longer. Retarded, mildly retarded, slow, handicapped, impaired, ect.. but a very close person who is on the inside track told me there is money in changing the names. Everything has to be reprinted, more training money for society to accept the new word. So on and so on. Wow, sure opened my mind. Anyway I do not expect lay people to keep up on the newest and catch phrase of those with abalities, hell I'm on the council and I can't keep up. Maybe this has given way to the fact using words like retarded, and such do not affect me. I think most adults are not talking about my child because this word is no longer supposed to be used for people with abilities. By the way retarded is still being used by the government for many forms of disability.

JoAnn, Bobby my son has abilities. That's the new word being used now. Being on the Indiana Governors Council for disabilities it was 10 yrs. ago I wanted answers as to why every time I turned around they were changing the words to describe a person with abilities. It was person first centered. I understood that, but why all the different ways to describe a person. First I was told because history drives it, what was once acceptable is no longer. Retarded, mildly retarded, slow, handicapped, impaired, ect.. but a very close person who is on the inside track told me there is money in changing the names. Everything has to be reprinted, more training money for society to accept the new word. So on and so on. Wow, sure opened my mind. Anyway I do not expect lay people to keep up on the newest and catch phrase of those with abalities, hell I'm on the council and I can't keep up. Maybe this has given way to the fact using words like retarded, and such do not affect me. I think most adults are not talking about my child because this word is no longer supposed to be used for people with abilities. By the way retarded is still being used by the government for many forms of disability.

Hell, over forty years ago I was bickering with a co-worker who insisted that we all refer to her as Black. (Keep the time period in mind...we had co-workers born in the 1920s.). Finally, I yelled out, "Stephanie, dammit, if I had called you "Black" instead of "colored" ten or fifteen years ago, you would have beat the shit out of me in the parking lot after work!"

She paused, started laughing and said, "You know...you may be right!"

I know several of Dr. Kim's patients and they DO NOT have this same rainbows and unicorns opinion of him or his staff at all. I have several friends (real, not facebook friends) who have used him and they would literally laugh at these post. All of their responses are he is rude, not compassionate, doesn't care for the well-being of the patent especially AFTER surgery.
Not saying he is not a good person at all, but it is funny when you read some of the comments and they do sound like the hundreds of ads that run in the DFW area.

Latest posts

Back