Just Started My Research

An update.
I had a consult with my surgeon last week. He tried to talk me into SADI but i insisted on traditional. I'm going to cash pay and hopefully will get scheduled for surgery in December.

An update.
I had a consult with my surgeon last week. He tried to talk me into SADI but i insisted on traditional. I'm going to cash pay and hopefully will get scheduled for surgery in December.
Make sure you get him to detail the common channel and the alimentary limb in your consent Before you sign.

Yes! What southernlady said! Get everything in writing and get it all pre-op. And, if there is something specific that you don't want no matter what, put that on your consent form as well, such as "no gastric bypass" just as an example. This way, if your surgeon gets in there and feels that DS is either not safe or not possible for some unlikely reason, you may not wake up with a DS but you won't be stuck with something that in your opinion is unacceptable.

Going open is always a possibility if the surgeon considers it impossible to do the surgery safely laparoscopically for whatever reason. I guess you could tell the surgeon ahead of time that you would rather not have your bariatric surgery at all than have open surgery, which (to me) doesn't seem like a great decision, but it's not my surgery and each of us gets to decide what we do and don't find acceptable.

For what it's worth, I've had a number of abdominal surgeries and have reached a point where I actually prefer open to lap.

Latest posts

Back