Just for curiosity, who here is a VSGer?

Jo777

Aug 2017
Just curious to see who's out there with the same.. say hi, tell me about your ins/outs/struggles/success/brags etc.. would love to connect to some other small tummy folks. IRL I'm surrounded by RNYers and the odd DSer, not too many VSGers.

been trying - sent out invites on FB - one friend with a VSG would love to be here but she is only online at work and she says this site is blocked. sadly! and it makes no sense, she is on Straight Dope all the time.

Consider me recruited :) Ingirl is used to me, but for the others.... had surgery 12/11 and made goal 8 months later. In all I lost a little over 150 pounds. I have a larger sleeve, loosely sewn, a very tall frame, and believe in moderation of food choices. And there it is in a nutshell. Stay warm everyone!

Just a thought, my sister had VSG, but isn't that into message boards, she uses Instagram and hashtags things that she wants VSGers to be able to search for and communicates with people that way. I'll search some and throw some messages up there for all the surgeries :)

Consider me recruited :) Ingirl is used to me, but for the others.... had surgery 12/11 and made goal 8 months later. In all I lost a little over 150 pounds. I have a larger sleeve, loosely sewn, a very tall frame, and believe in moderation of food choices. And there it is in a nutshell. Stay warm everyone!

At least around these parts, moderation isn't seen as some four-letter word.. it's more a live and let live if it works for you (and you aren't in imminent harm) sort of board.. which is what I like.. I eat what works for me, you eat what works for you.. as long as you share the tasty recipes, we all be good ;)

VSGer here. Havent set up all my stuff on here. Just got recruited. Had VSG 11/10/10. Started at 356 lost about 125 lbs in about 8 months. Then bounced around 10 +/- lbs for awhile. THEN I got pregnant Jan 2012. That's when everything changed. My hunger came back and I used the excuse that because I was pregnant I could let old eating habits creep back in. I gained 33/34 lbs with pregnancy and luckily lost 25 of that within a couple weeks. I have now struggled to finally get back to my pregnancy weight which depending on the day I'm with in 1-2 lbs of it. Being 3 years out I am able to eat SOO much more than I was in the beginning and I think a lot of it is my own doing. I still can't eat any thing close to the amount I could pre-VSG. I know that my issue is I need to get my butt moving and exercise!! I feel like this will be a good place to come to for support. I was very active on OBhelp.com for the first few months after surgery and then just kind of disappeared.

Latest posts

Back