Introduce yourself

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am Brandy and live near Seattle Washington. I'm 52, female, been with my husband for 27 years and no kids other than the beloved dog.

Right now my paper work is in the hands of Dr Ungson in Mexico. I'm really want a DS.

I started to list my health problems here and it felt wrong to me. Lots of little things, both physical and mental, but I'm not going to let those define me. Especially with wls on the horizon. And I feel thankful that I don't have worse things.

This board looks great. It has already taught me things. Thank you.

Greetings all, My name is George, I am 46 and a few days shy of 3 months post-op. I have lost 25+ pounds since surgery. The weight started waffling after soft foods were introduced, but an increase in exercise, hydration and attention to calorie intake has set me back on the loss path. Since beginning the program of preparation, through the surgery to now; I have lost 40 lbs (25 since surgery), experienced a two letter size drop in my clothes, lost half a shoe size and reduced to regular width. I had a hydrostatic BMI done a few weeks ago and now have a realistic range and mean target goal for my body type. It is a daily struggle to behave, but the rewards in energy/endurance, self-concept and esthetics help motivate me to succeed. I've found that continuing the education about the procedure and the physiology, as well as nutrition and fitness greater empowers my ability to manage the new me.

my goodness, look at all the new folks!! :D

Hello to George, Brandy, and JacquiiC !!!

welcome35.gif

Thanks so much for the welcome guys!

I have lost 40 lbs (25 since surgery), experienced a two letter size drop in my clothes, lost half a shoe size and reduced to regular width.

Welcome and congrats on the success thus far @George Condon
I never realized WLS would cause me to loose a foot size and down from extra wide to regular width shoe.
Amazing right? :)

J.

I've been sick and haven't been able to post individually to anyone. So-- Welcome to all our new members!!

Hi Everyone!

I'm Kelly and am a pre-op for the DS. My surgery is scheduled for July 30th. I live in Minnesota and will be having my surgery with Dr. Leslie. He is not listed on dsfact.com, however his co-workers/surgeons are. (Buchwald and Ikramuddin). I had my final weigh in and a patient education class on Tuesday. I was down 29.6 lbs!! They required me to lose 20 so I passed that up! I also found out yesterday that insurance has officially approved my DS!!!! I had tears of joy when I found out.

Anyways, I have been a lurker for awhile but decided it was finally time to come out of hiding! Everyone seems so friendly and helpful here. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back