Introduce yourself

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi my name is Andretta I had the gastric bypass in 2006 I was 321lbs and today I'm 315lbs. I'm schedule to see a surgeon on 20th to see what revision I can have. I live in a different states then I did when I had the first surgery. I'm just wondering if there is any success stories of revision to DS?

New to this forum; however participated in others for the last 9 months. I was living in Russia and took a decision that WLS was my path to sustained health improvement. I was considering outpatient surgery in US while on vacation or visiting a clinic in Moscow. I went as far as organizing a lap band installation appointment which I cancelled about a day after I made it as I moved to other methods. I learned in October that I would be repatriated to US after 10 years away. Since, I have worked with offices of Dr. Erik Wilson and his associate, Dr. Mehta of University of Texas. Their practice specializes in laparoscopic methods to all of the surgical procedures.

Based on my medical history, I was offered two methods of which I selected RNY. The pre-operative process for approvals starts today and I am receiving advice for DS from others. I knew several people who had gone for the bands and they were happy. I see several people here were happy with their initial selection of RNY. I am also seeing a vocal group advocating DS and remain open to this option. Your opinions appreciated. I am an engineer and decisions are routinely made based on data and the interpretation of the data.

New to this forum; however participated in others for the last 9 months. I was living in Russia and took a decision that WLS was my path to sustained health improvement. I was considering outpatient surgery in US while on vacation or visiting a clinic in Moscow. I went as far as organizing a lap band installation appointment which I cancelled about a day after I made it as I moved to other methods. I learned in October that I would be repatriated to US after 10 years away. Since, I have worked with offices of Dr. Erik Wilson and his associate, Dr. Mehta of University of Texas. Their practice specializes in laparoscopic methods to all of the surgical procedures.

Based on my medical history, I was offered two methods of which I selected RNY. The pre-operative process for approvals starts today and I am receiving advice for DS from others. I knew several people who had gone for the bands and they were happy. I see several people here were happy with their initial selection of RNY. I am also seeing a vocal group advocating DS and remain open to this option. Your opinions appreciated. I am an engineer and decisions are routinely made based on data and the interpretation of the data.
Welcome, Fred. Now get yourself over to the Duodenal Switch forum and don't be a stranger. Good to see you here.

Ooh, look, I can put Spiky's Russian into Cyrillic:

здравствуйте
очень плохо.
очень хорошо.

and then back to English:
hello
very bad.
very well.

I'm practicing my Google-Fu.

:welcome2:Fred.

As an engineer...make sure your data includes the long term data...my dh is also an engineer...mechanical by training, nuclear by trade. He knew right off the bat that the DS was his option and we traveled from TN to NYC for his.

I do not know what your medical history includes...but what makes me think they are saying RNY is because of GERD...I had GERD...still had the DS cause my other medical conditions, such as the absolute requirement for long term NSAIDS outweighed the GERD.

Ooh, look, I can put Spiky's Russian into Cyrillic:

здравствуйте
очень плохо.
очень хорошо.

and then back to English:
hello
very bad.
very well.

I'm practicing my Google-Fu.
I didn't know whether to go with "horosho" which is more pronounceable but looks like it's leaning toward Yiddish or Japanese, or "xorosho" which LOOKS more like the Russian but the "x" would be lost to the English pronunciation.

You did very good googling...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back