Injectable Implants

From what I heard there are but injections that you can get to build up you butt. That is the latest craze with urban model figures. They give you a big old caboose. My daughter has been dying to get them but doesn't have the $$$$ that the rich and famous do....

Also you need to be making and eating your own horrible fucking yoghurt. You can get it from new age wanky stores

FFS!

Kirmy, what on earth do you mean when you say 'wanky'. You know there's only one use in the UK and I am yet to understand this other than when it comes go guys doing 'DIY'!! :p

Wanky as in new age woo and smudge sticks...grabs knob and waves it about......

Ok I concede that research supports pro-biotic efficacy but don't start me on the other shit Holland and Barret pedal. Ug!

Nope not telling...Spiky Bugger is my person. I keep SB in my wardrobe like a cranky lion.

Grabs knob and waves about is still the only sense in which I understand it... I think I'll just concede that I can live without going beyond my British understanding of the term.

I think you will love it! Since losing, I've had a few syringes of various fillers here and there.. and now get botox. For the first time in my life I've wandered into somewhat "higher-maint" living, at least in this one area.. still don't dye my hair, mess with my nails.. no plastics, and sadly really could use a style overhaul and some clothes.

The fillers really helped fix the gaunt look while the rest of me still needed to lose a bit. I've been getting a little every year for the past several. I've had radiesse 3x now, 2x along cheekbones to bring them back to where they were, then a touch more there and more along the NL folds between nose & mouth. I did develop a small lump on one side in the NL area that no one can really see (I'm a perfectionist, and think I can see it- and I can def feel it, but knowing it will slowly resolve in a year or less, not too concerned.) The lump was not present at injection, so it is the body collagen/inflammatory process that caused it.. but that's how Radiesse has longer term results. I've have Juvederm in my pre-jowls, and may need more sometime in the next year or so- but it lasts a long time in non-moving areas like that.. and I've had undereye filler- that's long worn off- and want a top off, but am too leery to dive in again, it can go wrong and look bad fast. I've also had my lips done once, with a perm filler.. and been very happy with that- but wouldn't really recommend it- perm has it's own risks.. I was just willing to take them to get an upper lip for once. All in all, the good thing is- if done right, no one really can tell you've had anything done- you just look like you should look, and less like you came off a round of the flu.

Now there's an idea! Work for an esthetician who does all this stuff! My NL's make the Grand Canyon look like a ditch.

Just looking for a starting point. What would this cost for the average customer? Ballpark is fine. If it lasts for 2 years, I might be able to justify it. I've had IPL before and loved the results but they are all gone now. Very temporary.

The regular price at our location is $600 per syringe. My particular canyons needed two syringes. :(. From what I've read, the injections stimulate collagen regeneration so if it's absorbed after a year or more, results can be longer. Guess I'll just have to wait and see! I did up my calcium intake to 2,400mg per day.

Check around at your local well known PS places, get on their mailing lists.. many have specials or events where you can pre-buy. I got my Radiesse 1.5cc syringe, buy one get one free at $600 (midwest, prices higher elsewhere.) Juvey is the same way- they frequently will put out specials- and just calling the PS office and asking sometimes will cue you in on when the next bonus is set to go. In mobile areas- even Radiesse will not usually last 2 years.. 9mo is more or less ave.. it drops off from there, up on the cheekbones- yes- I'm sure I still have some.. Plus with these fillers that stimulate collagen, the first tx is usually the scaffold so to speak, and subsequent tx will last longer.. but they are temp in the end. I am perfectly happy not having a. a smart phone, b. cable, c. car payments, d. whatever else.. in order to maintain some semblance of facial fullness... as my bone structure tends to go "Skeletor"-ish when I drop weight.. and frankly, till I get the balls/money to do plastics on the rest of me, my face is the thing I see, and others see.. all the time. I live cheap, save for this. I am looking forward to learning more about Juvederm Voluma here soon.. my cheeks go first, and that's the latest long-lasting facial filler just approved.. god, I sound like some crazy PS lady.. not.. but still. I wish I worked for one, it's a very interesting thing to me. On another note, I do my own mid-deeper level acid peels.. it's an investment in time (snake-shed, plus the owie factor of the initial peel) but the results over time, really good.. derms get $150 plus per peel, and I do them (safely, with lots of pre-knowledge research) at home..)

Great info, Jo! Yes, I am anxiously awaiting the Voluma as well as I have heard good things!

A site I like, though populated by a lot of youngerish folks, is Makeupalley.com.. they have a good PS board, and skincare board and I've learned a lot from there. Plus, if you are like me and only invest in makeup once in a while, it's nice to check out reviews before spending the dough. I used to be a nail-whore (never had dagger-nails as if they get much past my tips they break or get in the way of life.. but man do I have a huge cabinet of colors, mostly non-professional glitter-magpie stuff..) Anyway, it's a decent place to check out.

I'm into this sort of stuff, but not into spending a lot on it- so I make a bunch of stuff at home, or buy pro stuff and do it myself.. FYI- if you use retinoids at all for anti-aging/acne, Alldaychemist has it - incl the generic for Latisse eyelash/eyebrow stuff.. so, so much cheaper, and highly recommended. I also buy my all my PPIs and diuretics, and asthma inhalers, cipro for UTIs, and when I was in the losing stage- my Ursodiol there.. DH uses a glaucoma med, we buy it online much cheaper than our ins co-pay.. Yes, I'm a fucking oddball. We DO go to the doc, so not self-medicating/prescribing per-se, just buying smarter.. as even with health insurance- the $$ suck..

Check around at your local well known PS places, get on their mailing lists.. many have specials or events where you can pre-buy. I got my Radiesse 1.5cc syringe, buy one get one free at $600 (midwest, prices higher elsewhere.) Juvey is the same way- they frequently will put out specials- and just calling the PS office and asking sometimes will cue you in on when the next bonus is set to go. In mobile areas- even Radiesse will not usually last 2 years.. 9mo is more or less ave.. it drops off from there, up on the cheekbones- yes- I'm sure I still have some.. Plus with these fillers that stimulate collagen, the first tx is usually the scaffold so to speak, and subsequent tx will last longer.. but they are temp in the end. I am perfectly happy not having a. a smart phone, b. cable, c. car payments, d. whatever else.. in order to maintain some semblance of facial fullness... as my bone structure tends to go "Skeletor"-ish when I drop weight.. and frankly, till I get the balls/money to do plastics on the rest of me, my face is the thing I see, and others see.. all the time. I live cheap, save for this. I am looking forward to learning more about Juvederm Voluma here soon.. my cheeks go first, and that's the latest long-lasting facial filler just approved.. god, I sound like some crazy PS lady.. not.. but still. I wish I worked for one, it's a very interesting thing to me. On another note, I do my own mid-deeper level acid peels.. it's an investment in time (snake-shed, plus the owie factor of the initial peel) but the results over time, really good.. derms get $150 plus per peel, and I do them (safely, with lots of pre-knowledge research) at home..)
I do my own peels too! Saves a ton of money!

Latest posts

Back