I Am Scheduled: Updated

So we arrived about 2:00 pm today and are stating at the Residence inn in Burbank. We really like this area because it is downtown Burbank area bewhich is maybe five miles from Verdugo Hills and Dr K. Within a 3 block walk are all kinds of great restaurants and a mall, which is why we stayed here again this trip.

So that is the good news. The not as great news is that almost went to the ER because after dinner I had horrible gut pain, just like I did with my first hernia and blockage that required emergency surgery. It has improved after three hours and although I still hurt it is okay for now. Went from an 8/9 to a 4/5. I will see how I do after breakfast in the morning and if it is that bad again I will call Dr K and head to the ER. Until then norco is my friend.

Wishing you all the best on Tuesday, Scott. Hope this finally solves your health problems. In the meantime, enjoy your mini trip! Wish I didn't have to work Monday. Would have liked to drive down to meet you and your wife!

Wishing you all the best on Tuesday, Scott. Hope this finally solves your health problems. In the meantime, enjoy your mini trip! Wish I didn't have to work Monday. Would have liked to drive down to meet you and your wife!
I didn't realize you were in the area pam, and of course it would be great to meet you.

I am actually about 2 1/2 hours away up in the mountains, but relatively so much closer than any of my BF friends. Would be nice to actually meet someone in person one day. I am sure that once I retire that will happen! Whit will soon be even closer down in the desert! ;)

I am actually about 2 1/2 hours away up in the mountains, but relatively so much closer than any of my BF friends. Would be nice to actually meet someone in person one day. I am sure that once I retire that will happen! Whit will soon be even closer down in the desert! ;)
That sounds gorgeous. Is it more affordable than LA, San Diego and the Bay area? Need new neighbors? :D

Thanks Whit.

Yeah homeaway and Airbnb. By time you pay tax and fees it really isn't cheaper and you don't know neighborhood so hotel is safer and has more amenities than a rental. We are at the residence inn downtown Burbank so have stove and big fridge so we can get groceries to have after surgery when not able to go out. We are 5-10 minutes from the hospital and a minute from an in n out! LOL our hotel is next to a black Angus.

Hope your move or pre-move is going well.

That sounds gorgeous. Is it more affordable than LA, San Diego and the Bay area? Need new neighbors? :D

Yes, but no jobs so commute wouldn't be great. It's about an hour to an hour and a half to 'civilization' from here. Winter storms would make it even longer. I prefer it that way, but my job is 10 minutes from home. I would love an 'eating' buddy, though!

http://www.bigbear.com

Scott, you better get that surgery done pronto! I'm wondering, as I'm sure you are, just what Dr. K is going to find in there. There must be something he can fix for you, you shouldn't be having these terrible episodes.

Scott, you better get that surgery done pronto! I'm wondering, as I'm sure you are, just what Dr. K is going to find in there. There must be something he can fix for you, you shouldn't be having these terrible episodes.
Yeah me too. The pain last night was more upper and center gut (above umbilicus) than it has been as well as much more acute/strong. I am okay so far after eating this morning and I had little of everything.

My timing getting out here was definitely good. :D

Just came from Dr K consult and he is going to try to do this lap and do a mini component separation if he can. He said if we don't have to go higher in the abdomen with the incision this will have the best oversell outcome, but depending on what he finds when in my abdominal cavity he may have to go to the full component separation.

Surgery tomorrow at 11.

Sounds like a plan! I'll be thinking of you and sending positive thoughts your way tomorrow.

Latest posts

Back