I Am Scheduled: Updated

DSRIGGS

Yes, that is chocolate covered bacon
So kristina and Dr k were able to work me in on Tuesday so we fly in Saturday with consultation on Monday, surgery Tuesday and then drains hopefully removed the following Tuessay so we can fly back on the next day. Flights are booked now just need to rob a bank to afford room. Lol 11 days will be more than mortgage and taxes on our house.

I am just getting the component separation which includes abdominal wall reconstruction, just it taking the skin. Did I mention that I hate insurance companies?

I am very hopeful that this does the job on keeping hernia monster away and helps my gut issues.

Thanks sweetheart. I would be less than truthful if I didnt tell you that I am more than a little scared about this for several reasons. I developed a bad infection that left me septic after my last travel surgery even though I kept the incision clean, and this one is going to be a much bigger incision as well as having to wear a compression sleeve for 6 weeks. That to me sounds like a big infection risk and I know that certain lab levels being low leave on prone to skin infection. I am also worried about what Dr k might nd inside my cavity.obviously there is a reason I still don't absorb supplements well. I am also fearful of what happens to me if this doesn't get me healthy.......and finally, I am not looking forward to this recovery that I know is going to suck from the pain and I just have no energy or strength so that wont help,

I feel like a big pussy but I am scared now that we are finally moving forward.

Once everything is fixed and sexy, we'll be disappointed to no longer see photos of your bumps and bowels, but we'll get over it.

Try to calm the fear. There is absolutely nothing you can do about what goes on in the OR. You have faith in Dr. K and he will fix you up A-OK.

Very happy for you.

I'm so glad to hear you've got it scheduled. It's expected for you to be nervous, and to be thinking of every possible bad thing that could happen, but STOP it, right now! Life ahead waits and the world food supply needs you to feel better and NOT have to eat 50 times a day to sustain. :sneaky: You will have so many positive thoughts with you in that surgery Dr. K will feel as if he's in super turbo excellence gear.

Thanks sweetheart. I would be less than truthful if I didnt tell you that I am more than a little scared about this for several reasons. I developed a bad infection that left me septic after my last travel surgery even though I kept the incision clean, and this one is going to be a much bigger incision as well as having to wear a compression sleeve for 6 weeks. That to me sounds like a big infection risk and I know that certain lab levels being low leave on prone to skin infection. I am also worried about what Dr k might nd inside my cavity.obviously there is a reason I still don't absorb supplements well. I am also fearful of what happens to me if this doesn't get me healthy.......and finally, I am not looking forward to this recovery that I know is going to suck from the pain and I just have no energy or strength so that wont help,

I feel like a big pussy but I am scared now that we are finally moving forward.

I hope he does find exactly what is causing so much malabsorption then, fixes it! You will wear clean bandages under the compression garment and be diligent about keeping everything sterile. When I went for surgery, the hospital gave me a soap to use before I showed up at the hospital to help prevent infections, does this hospital do anything like that?

I hope he does find exactly what is causing so much malabsorption then, fixes it! You will wear clean bandages under the compression garment and be diligent about keeping everything sterile. When I went for surgery, the hospital gave me a soap to use before I showed up at the hospital to help prevent infections, does this hospital do anything like that?
I have had that antispeptic wash before and I will dr k know of my infection concerns. Thanks.

Thank you everbody. I really do appreciate all of you and your support.

I am not close to being really worried, but just pensive hoping it does the trick. I need my strength back so I can work. I can't afford to go on disability nor do I want to but I know Dr K will do his best to find issues and his worst is better than most surgeons' good so I am in the best hands possible. It would have been cheaper and easier to have this done by Marshall but I was afraid he wouldn't do the exploratory part that was necessary and then if he dis, what would he do about it.

Anyways, thanks again for being great people.

Latest posts

Back