House update

Best wishes! I can't believe you'd give it up after all that beautiful work on the bathroom!!! :)

Are you going to fulltime in the RV? Somewhat jealous ... though we are still settling in, having not finished unpacking, but met the deadline of today to get the garage nearly emptied, sufficient to get both cars into it (barely).

We are going to try to get our RV fixed up (water pump switch went out a few months ago - we only need it while not plugged into city water) so we can travel with the RV club in our new community. They do monthly trips, and are leaving tomorrow for a boondocking trip, but we can't do that without a functioning water pump (plus, we are still exhausted).

GOOD LUCK - I hope you get that coveted over-full-price-on-the-first-day offer!

Are you going to fulltime in the RV? Somewhat jealous ... though we are still settling in, having not finished unpacking, but met the deadline of today to get the garage nearly emptied, sufficient to get both cars into it (barely).

We are going to try to get our RV fixed up (water pump switch went out a few months ago - we only need it while not plugged into city water) so we can travel with the RV club in our new community. They do monthly trips, and are leaving tomorrow for a boondocking trip, but we can't do that without a functioning water pump (plus, we are still exhausted).

GOOD LUCK - I hope you get that coveted over-full-price-on-the-first-day offer!
Yes, we are.

Our agent mentioned yesterday that another agent in the office had someone who was expressing interest in the house.

I'm looking forward to being houseless cause home is where you park it.

But...where's your STUFF?
If you mean our normal clutter, most has been rehomed thru the local Hospice Thrift Barn. We have already packed what little we are keeping. Some has already gone to the coach and our clothes are still here.

We've been busy decluttering. Our realtor was pleased as punch at how clean we got it. The furniture that is left and the 25 or so boxes downstairs (6 are genealogical papers, books, photos) are going into a climate controlled pod type storage.

We don't plan on living in the RV forever and I know at some point, we will need furniture again. Now we could pass what we have along to the next generation but none want it yet. And we simply can not replace what we have for anywhere close to what real wood furniture costs these days.

Showing #3 at 5:30 this afternoon.
First showing said too much work required (????). Guess they wanted everyTHING done. Kitchen is dated but functional and what I like, the new owner may hate.

Second showing said it was cute but wanted a more open floor plan. Hello, McFly....the house was built in 1910. Open floor plans were ONE room houses!

First showing said too much work required (????). Guess they wanted everyTHING done. Kitchen is dated but functional and what I like, the new owner may hate.

I never got that attitude. They want you to decorate it in a bland way so as not to offend anyone, on the cheap, and then build that cost into the price? I'd much prefer to pay less and make the changes how and when I want!

I never got that attitude. They want you to decorate it in a bland way so as not to offend anyone, on the cheap, and then build that cost into the price? I'd much prefer to pay less and make the changes how and when I want!
With paint, yes bland BUT we have 2 rooms with strong colors (that way when we bought it).

But they want updated kitchens with granite countertops and open shelves. IF I was redoing it, I would just scrap and then repaint the cabinets and do soapstone as the countertop. Soapstone is more period appropriate to the era the house was built. And the cabinets are original built for the house on site.

We will know in the next day or so how this one went.

Thursday AM we have a Broker's Open House scheduled.

Some of us LOVE beat up places with work needed. Others get hysterical if one wall is painted the "wrong" color.

Latest posts

Back