Gummy vites?

brooklyngirl

Yankee gone south
What's the deal with gummy vites? I just saw a commercial for some, they're everywhere now, every kind of vitamin you can think of comes in a gummy, even probiotics. So why have I heard lots of people say they're not good for us? Is it the amount of sugar? Is there not high enough IUs or mgs? Or is there another reason? And are they ok for normies? And, before anyone says it, I don't take them, I take most of the vitalady regimen, just curious!

I saw some probiotic gummies at Sam's club. They were LOADED with carbs.
Yup, the ones I bought before surgery, before I read that they weren't good for us, had a ton of carbs. I did take them in the beginning since it took me a while to swallow pills, but I wouldn't take them now. Just wondering if the sugar is the reason or if it's something else?

Dh and I do the probiotic gummies...but they are the ONLY ones we use. And at one gummie a day, the amount of carbs is tiny. But we can't seem to remember any kind of probiotic that lives in the fridge...so the gummie probiotic is better than NONE at all.

Dh and I do the probiotic gummies...but they are the ONLY ones we use. And at one gummie a day, the amount of carbs is tiny. But we can't seem to remember any kind of probiotic that lives in the fridge...so the gummie probiotic is better than NONE at all.
Yup, I had good refrigerated ones and I NEVER remembered to take them

My issues with gummi-vites - and I did take some gummy and liquid types immediately post op because I had problems swallowing much - is that they don't compare favorably with vitamins I consider adequate. I don't bother with them now because I can swallow absolutely anything.

Use Centrum as a baseline, and compare vitamins you are considering to them, and make sure things aren't missing. One reason gumies are usually missing some vital elements, is because some things taste gross (for me, some B vites taste disgusting) and they have to leave out the nasty tasting ones if they are going to get it even near candy-ness.

Latest posts

Back