Food Journal Sat 8th Mar

huneypie

Wannabe
I've eaten way too many pistachios this afternoon... I won't order any more for a while although I do have a few left from the pack which I will most likely finish tomorrow!! ;) They're chili flavor pistachios and my lips are sore!!

Today I kicked back and ordered some more vits. I'm going to try the Kirkland calcium citrate, the UK one doesn't have B6 in it. Shipping times and customs on US goods are just too much of a headache and the Kirkland ones look like a good price, yippee!! :BaconDance:

B1 Protein shake(30)
B2 Sausage, egg & bacon(30)
L Chicken breast(30)
S Pistachios(20)
D Chicken Kiev(30)
Protein total(140)
F 72+
V All in (inc 7 calcium batches) nightime iron, vit C & copper & strontium batches pending

I ignored donuts two days in a row at work, yay me.

all off track with water and exercise, dang it, but I am doing OK with food so far today. I'd best take something out of the freezer and make more meat for this week.

Happy Now it's my Weekend!! :congrats:

B1- quest bar- 21
B2- coconut flour pancakes & sausage- 21
L- ham & cheese roll ups-24
S- shake- 26
S- tequila lime chicken wings- 15
S- low carb hush poppers- 8
D- grilled chicken w/peppers, onions & melted cheese (broken up into 2 "meals")- 49
Total- 164

Well done. You've done so well with losing - you've lost a whole person in less than a year, you must feel so much better.

last night I ate so much I had a stomach ache this morning. :oops: need to make changes.

this morning I am re-doing how I am tracking: I think exercise and a few other things needs to be week at a glance, instead of daily, so if I miss a day I don't feel like WTH it doesn't matter now.

I know I should exercise every day, but 3 times a week is better than none.

and my eating choices are frequently pretty good until I get home from work, when it sometimes seems to go to hell. I think I need to explore more options for that transition time, especially if it's raining and I don't want to walk the dogs.

also - and this feels drastic - I might need a No Eating While Watching TV policy. can't be mindful with TV....:eek:

Oh dear, it's a work in progress for most of us IMO. Maybe you could do something like yoga on the days you don't feel like doing much.

Something like the 10 Minute Solution DVD maybe.

Well done. You've done so well with losing - you've lost a whole person in less than a year, you must feel so much better.
And a whole normal sized person at that, not even just an emaciated super model! ;)
And I do feel better, drastically better in so many ways, I am very grateful. I just wish my stupid knees had gotten the memo, but I did too much damage to them for too long. Boo

last night I ate so much I had a stomach ache this morning. :oops: need to make changes.

this morning I am re-doing how I am tracking: I think exercise and a few other things needs to be week at a glance, instead of daily, so if I miss a day I don't feel like WTH it doesn't matter now.

I know I should exercise every day, but 3 times a week is better than none.

and my eating choices are frequently pretty good until I get home from work, when it sometimes seems to go to hell. I think I need to explore more options for that transition time, especially if it's raining and I don't want to walk the dogs.

also - and this feels drastic - I might need a No Eating While Watching TV policy. can't be mindful with TV....:eek:
Okay, the no eating while watching TV...doesn't work for me but what DOES work is not dragging the whole container to the chair while I watch. I put a specific portion in a bowl and when that is gone, I don't get more. Also planning snacks for that time frame helps.

I agree with Liz, measuring out the portion and putting away the rest is very helpful to me. I cannot have a container of anything on my lap, it's asking for trouble. Also, if it's real food and not snack food, putting my fork down between bites helps as well. I have to consistently try to rewire my brain against the lifetime of the "shoveling it in" mentality.

good info, thanks!!

Brooklyn Girl - have you considered having new knees put in? might be worth it.

And a whole normal sized person at that, not even just an emaciated super model! ;)
And I do feel better, drastically better in so many ways, I am very grateful. I just wish my stupid knees had gotten the memo, but I did too much damage to them for too long. Boo
Oh dear - I'm sorry about the knees. I have one bad knee through injury, although I'm sure the weight didn't help. The good thing is I at least won't be turned away by a surgeon and told to lose weight. I'm just holding off on doing anything for as long as possible although I'm sure I'll need a knee replacement one day.

Hopefully your knees will improve the more you lose.

good info, thanks!!

Brooklyn Girl - have you considered having new knees put in? might be worth it.
Yup, I'm going to have to eventually. Doc said he'd like me to wait as long as possible since I'm still young (I'm only 35!) and they don't last infinitely so they'd have to be replaced again at some point. We started with cortisone shots last week and they did nothing. Also have a script for tramadol, we'll see if that helps at all, but I'll only take it if I'm on my feet a bunch, I don't want to take it every day. I have a feeling he'll want to do another round of cortisone shots on my next visit before giving up on that, but after that it's sinvisc or something else in that category.

@huneypie - getting dismissed because of my weight for all these years only made things so much worse. It all started with injuries when I was a teenager. As time went on I was always in pain so I became very sedentary which made the weight gain that much faster. If I was able to get things addressed long ago, I know they wouldn't be as bad as they are now. I'm frustrated about it, but can't go back and change it, so now I'm just trying to make things better for the future.

I agree with Liz, measuring out the portion and putting away the rest is very helpful to me. I cannot have a container of anything on my lap, it's asking for trouble. Also, if it's real food and not snack food, putting my fork down between bites helps as well. I have to consistently try to rewire my brain against the lifetime of the "shoveling it in" mentality.
And by putting the fork down...many times I don't finish the amount I took. We also serve our plates buffet style with small portions cause around here we figure IF we are still hungry we can go back for seconds. And there is no pressure to clean our plates. I have NO problem either re-running it as leftovers or tossing it!

Latest posts

Back