Food Journal Sun 30th Mar

Oh, I guess growing up in NY made me take for granted that everyone knows what Sunday sauce is ;) Typical Italian meat sauce with sausages, meatballs and lamb shanks (sometimes braciole too) over pasta and with Italian bread from home for hubby, just a spoon for me. Some variation on that was every Sunday at grandma's house with the whole family growing up.
Sunday sauce sounds good!
Okay, have to ask...what the hell is braciole????

Down here, Sunday usually meant roast or fried chicken, mac & cheese (and be considered a veggie, LOL) mashed potatoes, gravy, etc...and rolls!!! LOTS of rolls.

We sometimes do that on a Sunday too, whatever it is, it's usually something labor intensive and cooked for hours, which means extra deliciousness :)

Oh, and braciole is usually beef or pork. I've always had beef in sauce and pork grilled on sandwiches. When I've made it I butterflied flank steak and rolled it jelly roll style with herbs, garlic, cheese & bread crumbs inside, tied with twine, then browned and braised in the sauce with the other meat. It's really yummy.
This recipe is almost exactly what I do http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/giada-de-laurentiis/braciole-recipe.html

And it's pronounced bra-jole :)

Latest posts

Back