FIRST BLOOD WORK RESULTS

Kittykatkris

Hi everyone! I just had my first blood work done. Its about 3 1/2 months out.
I am attaching the picture of the results. If I can get the experts opinions that would be so wonderful!!

Thanks everyone. Hope you are all doing great!

Saw that you cant really magnify it enough to see results here are links to the results I uploaded it to photobucket. JUST CLICK THE MAGNIFYING GLASS BUTTON and it should be big enough to see. Let me know if you still cant read it.

http://s251.photobucket.com/user/livelifewild777/media/blood work results march 2016.jpg.html

http://i251.photobucket.com/albums/gg281/livelifewild777/blood work results march 2016.jpg

Attachments

• blood work results march 2016.jpg
    blood work results march 2016.jpg
    133.8 KB · Views: 8
Last edited:
Others will chime in with specifics but: stop B12 supplements. Add Vit D3. Didn't they test for PTH?

Others will chime in with specifics but: stop B12 supplements. Add Vit D3. Didn't they test for PTH?
Ya the b12 is REALLY HIGH!
I read that high b12 can cause risk of cancer to be 3xs more? I dont know how true it is but I read it in a few spots.

Also what is the PTH test?

I did see that Vit d was on the low side or about to be and calcium was about mid range. Can I take the Calcium plus Vitamin D supplement I have?

And I have to find a vitamin K supplement, or eat Kale or something lol.

Okay, as much as I zoom in...I can't read the damned thing...any link.

What was your B12? Mine has stayed OVER 2000 for 3 decades and other than telling me to stop B12 (and I am not taking any), they do not tell me anything else. IF it causes cancer risk to go up...it hasn't yet and I am pushing 62 years old.

(Perhaps you should ask @southernlady to move this to Vitamins & Labs forum)

B12: just stop supplementing it. worry about cancer if and when you get it. we have enough to fret about

D3: buy DRY (not the usual oil capsules) D3 and take 10,000 a day. (Someone might suggest you need more.)

PTH: Parathyroid

Calcium: your body fights to keep it in this range by leeching calcium from your bones. So this value is not indicative of whether you are taking in sufficient calcium. It is the parathyroid test that tells you if you are taking in enough. Unfortunately I just learned this from Diana Cox in the middle of someone's thread on something unrelated -- so of course I can't find it to show you the quote.

Ok thanks ladies!

Southernlady yes if you could move it to the right thread or Labs or whatever lol.

And my b12 was 2640

the PTH I guess not It was actually a relief that he did all the ones he did do.

I will have to take the Calcium/Vit D combo for right now till I order and get the DRY vit d.
Also for Vit K. Should I get a supplement or just try and get a few snacks like dried kale or something

OH AND southernlady you can click on one of the links and you will see a magnifying glass over the small image and it will open it full size in an other page

OH AND southernlady you can click on one of the links and you will see a magnifying glass over the small image and it will open it full size in an other page
I did that...still too small. I even did the zoom on my browser after clicking on the magnifying glass.

Okay, stop all extra B12...(not what is in your multi but anything else). And then when you get retested...see where it is.

But question? Your pre-op labs, did they test the B12?

I can't read them either so what was your Vitamin D level? I wouldn't miss with 10,000 IU. Buy the 50,000 IU and I would suggest starting at 2 of those daily. D is easy to get down but very hard to get up, and you want to be up around 100, so taking more is better than not enough. Most DSrs that I know of, with one or two outliers, take at least 100k IU daily any many of us double that amount. .

I don't take any B vitamins and my b levels are fine.

EDIT: I opened up on my Desktop instead of my phone and I can see them just fine now. At 30 for your D you definitely need to be taking at least 100,000 IU daily

Last edited:
When I clicked on the magnifying glass it took it to full page with a big font so I think it just wasn't interacting with your browser well for some reason.

Ok tell me if these pictures are better

Attachments

• blood work results march 2016 pg 1.jpg
    blood work results march 2016 pg 1.jpg
    133.5 KB · Views: 5
  • blood work results march 2016 pg 2.jpg
    blood work results march 2016 pg 2.jpg
    129.5 KB · Views: 6
  • blood work results march 2016 pg3.jpg
    blood work results march 2016 pg3.jpg
    116.4 KB · Views: 4
  • blood work results march 2016 pg 4.jpg
    blood work results march 2016 pg 4.jpg
    111.6 KB · Views: 4
  • blood work results march 2016 pg 5.jpg
    blood work results march 2016 pg 5.jpg
    82.3 KB · Views: 4
  • blood work results march 2016 pg 6.jpg
    blood work results march 2016 pg 6.jpg
    56.1 KB · Views: 4
  • blood work results march 2016 pg 7.jpg
    blood work results march 2016 pg 7.jpg
    50 KB · Views: 4
  • blood work results march 2016 pg 8.jpg
    blood work results march 2016 pg 8.jpg
    49.3 KB · Views: 4
  • blood work results march 2016 pg 9.jpg
    blood work results march 2016 pg 9.jpg
    96.2 KB · Views: 4
So what I gathered from my blood work was

GET/TAKE EXTRA OF THESE
------
Vit D
Calcium
Vit K
Iron
Creatine
Protein
folic acid

STOP
---
b12
copper

Whenever you guys get a chance the new attachments even though many of them lol, works you can see them. I appreciate your time everyone and your input.

I just want to get on anything low now before it is under the normal range. PREVENTATIVE!

Oh and @Clematis
Your iPTH was normal (27.2) on the bloodwork from March 25, 2016; the result is available in the computer system.
Thats what my doctor told me and when I took another look at the results I saw it lol

So what I gathered from my blood work was

GET/TAKE EXTRA OF THESE
------
Vit D
Calcium
Vit K
Iron
Creatine
Protein
folic acid

STOP
---
b12
copper

Whenever you guys get a chance the new attachments even though many of them lol, works you can see them. I appreciate your time everyone and your input.

I just want to get on anything low now before it is under the normal range. PREVENTATIVE!
I don't want to seem like an ass but when you say extra that is a very subjective term as does that mean and additional 10 mg or 1,000 mg (big difference).....so please try to be as specific as possible when talking about the amounts you are currently taking and I will do the same as far as suggestions.

For instance:
Vitamin D - You need to be taking at least 100,000 IU daily. You are barely in range and really need to hammer the D to get up in high range.
Calcium Citrate You will need to take 2,000 -2,400 mg daily or do the Hydroxyapatite of around 2,000 a day
Creatine - This is a sports supplement. :D I am assuming you are looking at your creatinine and thinking you need more....don't worry it is fine and I am not certain there is a supplement...it is just one of those bodily chemistry things like hematocrit or BUN.
Copper - I don't see your reading but why are you saying you need to stop? You want to keep your copper levels up. I take 4-6 mg a day
Zinc - I don't see that either but it is another you should take in general. I didn't realize until a year out that I should have been taking it all along. I have really struggled to get it in and keep it in range. I take 300 MG daily but my absorption is a mess so you probably won't need as much. You might want to start with 50 mg and see where it falls next read
Protein - By 6 months out you should be eating 150 grams a day. I am not sure what your daily protein intake is like now and exactly how far out your are. If you can stomach the protein drinks getting one or two of those a day on top of protein from eating which is the best, is a good way to keep it up. Your ablumin and protein numbers now look great.
Folic Acid - It looks fine from what I see
B12 - Definitely stop

Latest posts

Back