It's been a while

Ainu

Hello everyone! It's been a while since I posted so I wanted to do a quick update. It may be a little rambling and I apologize for any grammar mistakes, my phone doesn't like this site for some reason.

I'm down to 155, 21% body far, started at 310 and 64%. Literally half the person I was. For the first time ever, I went clothes shopping and i enjoyed it.

I've been doing pretty well with my vitamins but it's been a while since I had blood work. I know, bad me! My armpits make random fart noises when I move around that are really embarrassing. My boobs have shrunk to nothing and my skin looks like poop. I decided a couple weeks ago that I'll get the excess removed and probably fix my poor boob flaps. I didn't work this hard to still look like crap.

I was doing insanity and body beast but I hurt both of my shoulders and stopped. Now it's hard to get back into it. I've become somewhat bony and I don't like that look.

My ultimate goal is 145 and I'm so close. I've never been so close...ever. I think I weighed this when I was 10.

My skin looks better (blemish-wise), except for a random, stubborn breakout on my chest.

My depression is under the best control of my life, but I attribute that to new meds. That's a big warning, weight may add to depression, but losing weight won't necessarily fix everything. see a shrink, it's worth it.

Oh! I have a thigh gap! I can fit my hold hand in there!

My husband is now giving the surgery some thought. He really doesn't want to do it and I don't want to push him though I do urge him to really think about it. He has two concerns: 1. He already has pooping issues and he's afraid the surgery will make that worse 2. He sweats A LOT. He's afraid he won't be able to chug enough water at one time to rehydrate. I showed him first hand how I was able to down a big glass of water in 5 or so minutes. Not seconds, but certainly not concern worthy.

I'm sure there's more, but I can't think of it at the moment. Happy trails everyone!

If you can, get your husband to come here and at least lurk, if not post. As you know, there is open discussion of poop issues and every other possible side effect he might encounter. The more he knows, the better informed his decision will be.
And, congrats on your success!

And another thing. It's possible that your husband might sweat less if he weighed a lot less. Not a guarantee, and maybe this is something he's dealt with since childhood and no amount of weight loss will help, but for some people, weight loss does make a difference.

Good to see you again, and excellent update!

Tell your hubby that there is no place on the internet with more information about how to modify and manage poop than here.

He can be a little ( a lot) pigheaded when it comes to going to the internet for help. He has the mentality of "it's just how I am" which drives me insane. We've had the sweating conversation but he claims he sweat a lot when he was thinner too. But I don't have many memories of those short days.

At some point I'll post my before and after, they're nsfw though (underwear) so I'll have to make an Instagram account and link it

Welcome back and thanks for the update Ainu ! Nice to hear that you are so close to goal and are doing well emotionally! All the best!

Prodigious sweater and frequent crapper here.

For me the sweating has diminished post op, though I do have to be really careful about hydration. That's one reason if I was doing it again I'd have pushed the doc not to do a stupid tight sleeve (mine was done on a 36 french bougie).

Pooping has been an issue postop. I kept it in equilibrium preop with lots of fiber (had a bowl a shredded wheat spiked with bran buds at the beginning and the end of every day). Lots of fiber is usually a recipe for painful gas postop. Preop when I was well managed I went 3-4 times a day. Post op it's 3-7, usually somewhere around 5-6 times concentrated at 'night' (I get home from work about 5:30 AM and go to work around 5:30 PM and usually go 3-4 times during that. During work day I usually go 1-3 times depending on how my guts are doing. I only eat one home cooked meal a day (breakfast) and live the rest of the day on protein bars and shakes and a "lunchable" https://www.hillshiresnacking.com/products/small-plates/genoa-salame-with-natural-white-cheddar-cheese for lunch which actually has a decent amount of fat and protein (more normal lunchables/sandwiches don't sit that well, I don't get sick they just don't feel good). It's entirely plausible that eating better food would produce better GI results.

For me, anyway, if I'm eating right, my pooping is as good if not better than preop. I feel like I got the holy grail with this surgery. Pooping was my greatest concern and the fear was all for nothing. When I eat poorly, imodium clogs everything up and I'm fine...ish.

My sleeve was also super tight. It was hour glass shaped. My husband called it my two stomachs.

I am a sweaty girl. When I was younger and not disabled I would sweat a lot. My mom would tell me I smelled like a billy goat. When I lost my mobility and spent my time being sedentary I still would sweat but less than before. Like Clinical strength antiperspirant doesn't work on me. I'm only two weeks post op and my sweating has decreased a lot.

Hello everyone! It's been a while since I posted so I wanted to do a quick update. It may be a little rambling and I apologize for any grammar mistakes, my phone doesn't like this site for some reason.

I'm down to 155, 21% body far, started at 310 and 64%. Literally half the person I was. For the first time ever, I went clothes shopping and i enjoyed it.

I've been doing pretty well with my vitamins but it's been a while since I had blood work. I know, bad me! My armpits make random fart noises when I move around that are really embarrassing. My boobs have shrunk to nothing and my skin looks like poop. I decided a couple weeks ago that I'll get the excess removed and probably fix my poor boob flaps. I didn't work this hard to still look like crap.

I was doing insanity and body beast but I hurt both of my shoulders and stopped. Now it's hard to get back into it. I've become somewhat bony and I don't like that look.

My ultimate goal is 145 and I'm so close. I've never been so close...ever. I think I weighed this when I was 10.

My skin looks better (blemish-wise), except for a random, stubborn breakout on my chest.

My depression is under the best control of my life, but I attribute that to new meds. That's a big warning, weight may add to depression, but losing weight won't necessarily fix everything. see a shrink, it's worth it.

Oh! I have a thigh gap! I can fit my hold hand in there!

My husband is now giving the surgery some thought. He really doesn't want to do it and I don't want to push him though I do urge him to really think about it. He has two concerns: 1. He already has pooping issues and he's afraid the surgery will make that worse 2. He sweats A LOT. He's afraid he won't be able to chug enough water at one time to rehydrate. I showed him first hand how I was able to down a big glass of water in 5 or so minutes. Not seconds, but certainly not concern worthy.

I'm sure there's more, but I can't think of it at the moment. Happy trails everyone!

You're doing great
Maybe when your husband sees you all fit and fine he will want to do it

And another thing. It's possible that your husband might sweat less if he weighed a lot less. Not a guarantee, and maybe this is something he's dealt with since childhood and no amount of weight loss will help, but for some people, weight loss does make a difference.

I am far less sweaty post op than I was when overweight.

Latest posts

Back