Feeling cold, so very cold...

I've never been so cold in my life. I was always the person running around in a t-shirt in the middle of winter. Now I'm sitting here in my 70 degree house with 3! pairs of socks on and my feet are still ice cold! This surgery sure does change things.

I just found something that is kind-of working for me. I put a normal heating pad on every chair or bed I sit on. In the morning, this is only and OK solution, but later in the day ...

My theory is that it heats up the contents of my colon and then that works like a hot water bottle slowly releasing its warmth in my core. I can actually be comfortable at normal house temperatures without 4 layers, even if I'm not constantly on my heating pad.

Behold the power of DS poop!!

Well, I've been big and I've been small. I'm freezing when I'm skinny. It's always been that way.

For me, socks help a lot.

Good luck.

My anemia keeps me cold. I just absolutely hate winter and anything below 55-60 outside, well I can last about 20 minutes before I am an ice cube. it sick because I love football and can't enjoy going to game anymore after the 4th or 5th week of the season.

I just found something that is kind-of working for me. I put a normal heating pad on every chair or bed I sit on. In the morning, this is only and OK solution, but later in the day ...

My theory is that it heats up the contents of my colon and then that works like a hot water bottle slowly releasing its warmth in my core. I can actually be comfortable at normal house temperatures without 4 layers, even if I'm not constantly on my heating pad.

Behold the power of DS poop!!
Hadn't considered the poop component but my 93 year old father-in-law, who is hanging on with stage 4 colon cancer and a recent hip replacement after a fall and is down to 115 pounds at this point, is always freezing and now has a heating pad on his bed and each of the chairs he uses. He talks about charging up his heat batteries before moving away from his toasty base for even a few minutes. He'll get a big laugh out of the idea that his batteries are made of poop! :) And I can use it to coax him to eat more to recharge his poop batteries! Where else can you talk so freely about poop? - with babies and old people and DSers!!

My neighbor hosted an exchange student from Finland. Even in the summer, she wore a scarf around her neck. Finally, I asked her why. She told me that her hands and feet were always cold and that the scarf kept them warm. Since I have always had anemia issues, I have suffered from cold hands and feet. I decided to try it. I pulled out a scarf--IT WORKS!!! I almost always wear a scarf because it keeps my hands and feet warm. If the weather is especially cold, I might add a hat. I have dozens of scarves and I wear them year round.

My neighbor hosted an exchange student from Finland. Even in the summer, she wore a scarf around her neck. Finally, I asked her why. She told me that her hands and feet were always cold and that the scarf kept them warm. Since I have always had anemia issues, I have suffered from cold hands and feet. I decided to try it. I pulled out a scarf--IT WORKS!!! I almost always wear a scarf because it keeps my hands and feet warm. If the weather is especially cold, I might add a hat. I have dozens of scarves and I wear them year round.

I'm going to try this: my hands and feet are always cold and it's hard to get them warmed up

These are great ideas.

Somebody at the gym recommended neoprene clothes, either the light weight wet suits or the sauna sweaters. They guarantee I will sweat underneath them. We will see, but closed cell foam should warm me up! :) I will let you guys know after I test them, unless anybody has tried it?

Thanks!

Latest posts

Back