Enhanced Malabsorbtion and No Carbs

I went back to android phone. I didn't like all my electronics talking amongst themselves. Creeped me out. My mom who is 75 loves that she can do her grocery list on her ipad and it shows up on her iphone.
I didn't like the gadgets predicting where I was going and what I was supposed to be doing. I like to keep them guessing. :)

We’ve (my hubby and I) think the last update by Apple screwed the sharing ability on our calendars. Up until about a month or so ago, I could send an invite to hubby to add my appointment to his calenda. It stopped sending them. Right now, we are doing work around until we can research the issue. Last resort us to go see an Apple genius at the Genius at the Genius Bar.

We’ve (my hubby and I) think the last update by Apple screwed the sharing ability on our calendars. Up until about a month or so ago, I could send an invite to hubby to add my appointment to his calenda. It stopped sending them. Right now, we are doing work around until we can research the issue. Last resort us to go see an Apple genius at the Genius at the Genius Bar.
And another great thing. There is actually a person who will answer questions. I am beginning to understand why so many people love apple products. And I can give my grocery list to my watch and it shows up on my phone.

And the phone knows when I am driving and automatically shuts down distractions. When important people call the phone sends them a text and tells them I will call when I get off the road. Amazing!

I know Apple products are pricey but for the most part, they just work and work well. I do like the ability to deal with Genius Bar.

Back about 2 years ago, we were is SD setting up residency. Most RV parks use gravel for their parking pads. In spite of having an Otterbox to protect his phone face from shattering. Unfortunately it doesn’t protect from a face first to the gravel fall. Since gravel is uneven, it still shattered. Nearest Genius Bar was in Omaha, NE. But it’s also where we could get the face replaced in a few hours for just $50. He lived with the crack til we got there. Locally it was in excess of $200 and waiting a week.

If you don’t have Apple Care, get it, it really is worth it.

I know Apple products are pricey but for the most part, they just work and work well. I do like the ability to deal with Genius Bar.

Back about 2 years ago, we were is SD setting up residency. Most RV parks use gravel for their parking pads. In spite of having an Otterbox to protect his phone face from shattering. Unfortunately it doesn’t protect from a face first to the gravel fall. Since gravel is uneven, it still shattered. Nearest Genius Bar was in Omaha, NE. But it’s also where we could get the face replaced in a few hours for just $50. He lived with the crack til we got there. Locally it was in excess of $200 and waiting a week.

If you don’t have Apple Care, get it, it really is worth it.
I will look it up! Thanks!

I have an iPhone 6 and received an Apple watch from my co. over the holidays. Still haven't set it up as I haven't worn a watch at all during the pandemic as I didn't want another thing to clean after I went out.

The updated iOS for the newer watches will time your hand washing to make sure you do a full 20 seconds. If you have that ability go to the watch on your iPhone, scroll down the menu til you see hand washing to turn it on.

Last edited:
My Samsung notes and any android phone always seemed buggy like it had a worm despite me using antivirus software on it but with my iPhone I don’t have to worry about any of that.

My son has had an iPad since he was five (he’s autistic and intellectually disabled) and we got it to use as a communication device for him so he needed to have it working all the time. AppleCare made sure that it worked or it was replaced! He just got a new one with more space and all I had to do what put my iPhone next to the iPad.

I have an Apple watch and I hate it LOL I am totally an Apple person as well, but I miss simplicity! I am hoping for a Garmin vivosmart for my Bday.

Sorry to intrude lol. I got here from a link Liz posted and I was like Oh yeah lol, it's been a minute. It has been a minute because I have become a super duper absorber and a lot of judgemental DSers tell me it's my fault...so I just don't post much. Yup, it's my fault my labs are STELLAR with zero supplements for 3 years lol. My fault. ;)

You aren't alone. In fact the story is very familiar, begged surgeon for a shorter CC because of my high start weight, got 75 supposedly, maybe 65, it's been so long I can't remember. I don't even feel like a DSer anymore. I don't celebrate surgiversaries or anything.

Dr K did a colorectomy on me in 2019 and refused to touch my DS because it went through the mesentery (fat layer in intestines) instead of around it. Then gave me a lecture about success is me being 315 or under. I cried. And then I gave up every getting back down to my small size. If the best can't help me, I give up.

Hugs to you for fighting through!

.... It has been a minute because I have become a super duper absorber and a lot of judgemental DSers tell me it's my fault...so I just don't post much. ...

Ah, so far as I can see, no one one here is such a jerk. SFAIK, 80 % excess loss is the mean for DS.

I , for one, miss your posts, and your sense of humor. Buck up and post more, you'll brighten everyone's day, or at least mine.

I am still in awe at your weightloss. Be well.

Ah, so far as I can see, no one one here is such a jerk. SFAIK, 80 % excess loss is the mean for DS.

I , for one, miss your posts, and your sense of humor. Buck up and post more, you'll brighten everyone's day, or at least mine.

I am still in awe at your weightloss. Be well.

Ha you'll need to give me a minute (a day). It is cloudy and rainy here and thus I am sporadically bursting into tears. I am 100% solar powered. No depression to speak of when it is sunny, but let it be dark and I get very tearful!

I should start my own thread as to not take over munchkins :)

Ps... I never heard of the mesentary till you mentioned it. According to this picture from the Mayo Clinic, it looks like everyone's intestine pokes through the mesentary

Must be a detail I'm missing. Perhaps the DS is performed differently in the UK.

Ps... I never heard of the mesentary till you mentioned it. According to this picture from the Mayo Clinic, it looks like everyone's intestine pokes through the mesentary

Must be a detail I'm missing. Perhaps the DS is performed differently in the UK.

View attachment 2583

According to Dr K, it varies by surgeon how they decide to do it. I begged that man to help me. Insurance would pay for it. He refused.

His reasoning was sound, as a surgeon: I'm not dying, I don't have deficiencies and I am considered successful even though I am still SMO.

It's depressing. It's sad. I tried so effing HARD. I am still under 300 and coming from 644, that sounds cool on paper, but to the world I am still a very fat woman.

meh.

Latest posts

Back