Enhanced Malabsorbtion and No Carbs

It was worth $20. No regrets.

First the COVID stuff. Here's how they did it. Every other table was closed. No one was seated closer than 20ft away. The buffet dining rooms are huge so they had plenty of space to do this and still seat a lot of people. All the servers/employees were masked and gloved. There were hand sanitizer dispensers everywhere. The customers were told to stay masked unless they were actively eating.

Each serving station had a line and you walked by the food, told them what you wanted, and they put it on your plate. You could still make unlimited trips through the line and ask for more. We intentionally got there early and there was very little waiting in line. When we left the lines were short. Best guess, people are afraid to go! Neither of us felt unsafe or that we were compromising our health by eating there.

The food. I was pleased with it. I had shrimp, scallops, prime rib, duck(you don't see this much), and Chinese BBQ pork with plum sauce. For dessert I chose peach sorbet, and cheesecake bites dipped in chocolate. As you can see, I didn't bother with the salads. Just didn't have enough room. The potato salad looked good though. Jeff enjoyed it too. He pretty much ate the same things I did but he had a vanilla bean gelato for dessert and he said it was wonderful.

We were talking about it and it had been more than a year since our last buffet. We think our last one was Main Street Station in February of 2020. Main Street Station is still closed by the way...sad! They had the best brisket on the planet. Before the pandemic we probably went to one buffet or another 3 or 4 times a month. We went to whatever one sent us a freebie. We honestly could never use up all our coupons. When I was a tourist here AYCE was a food fest. As a resident it's different. I tend to eat very reasonably at a buffet. I might try a lot of things but the portions are very small. And I knew new coupons were coming in the mail. It will be nice if things can be normal again.

And even on a cheat dinner, I still got my protein in!

Back in the real world again. I guess I have to figure out what to cook. Sigh. I am tired of cooking.

Diet wise, things are OK. Cheat day coming up on April 4th for Easter/Passover. Can't wait. OMG, a full day of toast. And who knows what all else.

About 4 months ago my fitbit died. And I was totally disgusted to learn the new ones no longer sync to PCs. Not having a fitbit has led me down the road to lazy. Stupid that a tiny gadget motivates me to move, but it does. I have been shopping and shopping but none of them work with PCs anymore. Only smartphones. So I finally gave in and gave up. Today I ordered an iphone, apple watch, and some headphones.

They are all supposed to work together seamlessly and sync automatically. If they really work, I will join the Borg hivemind and my next computer will be a MAC too. I am just tired of fighting all the connectivity issues. I can't even comprehend how easy it would be to buy stuff and know it will just work with what you already have. And I can answer the phone, talk to my watch, and pretend to be Dick Tracy. There has to be some value in that, right?

And hopefully my new gizmo will also motivate me to get off my lazy butt. Those palm trees are not going to wrangle themselves.

I’m part of the collective, :)
Yes, the watch and phone work very well together. Sometimes too well.

There are rumors that the next generation of watch will have a glucose monitor. We got this generation because of the fall monitor. We found out that it works well.

We no longer have mac’s, as they finally got too old to update about the time we got too poor to afford them. Plus, we’ve always needed at least on PC in the house. There is some software we use that is no Mac compatible.

I recently scored 8 new pairs of leggings on ebay. Pop Fit. I love them but I am not willing to pay $65 a pair for them, they charge shipping. They arrived and I washed and hung them. Then I noticed my closet was getting too full. Small house/small closets. I figured there was a lot of stuff in there that was probably too big. Went through the closet and I am getting rid of a ton of stuff. The bad news is that I only have one pair of jeans that fit.

The donate pile is huge. All the winter stuff is out of the closet. And I still need to get rid of at least 20 tshirts. I am going to do that then call it done for the day. It is very entertaining to get rid of clothes because they are too big! And it does motivate me to keep on dieting.

The phone won't arrive till April but I will let you know what I think about it once it is all up and running.

My Sony MP3 player, my constant companion for the last 5 years or so has died. The battery will no longer charge. I bet it can't be replaced either. Music is another thing that keeps me moving. I guess I will get out my old IPOD and see if it still works. Guess it's a good thing I decided to replace my phone!

I recently scored 8 new pairs of leggings on ebay. Pop Fit. I love them but I am not willing to pay $65 a pair for them, they charge shipping. They arrived and I washed and hung them. Then I noticed my closet was getting too full. Small house/small closets. I figured there was a lot of stuff in there that was probably too big. Went through the closet and I am getting rid of a ton of stuff. The bad news is that I only have one pair of jeans that fit.

The donate pile is huge. All the winter stuff is out of the closet. And I still need to get rid of at least 20 tshirts. I am going to do that then call it done for the day. It is very entertaining to get rid of clothes because they are too big! And it does motivate me to keep on dieting.

The phone won't arrive till April but I will let you know what I think about it once it is all up and running.

My Sony MP3 player, my constant companion for the last 5 years or so has died. The battery will no longer charge. I bet it can't be replaced either. Music is another thing that keeps me moving. I guess I will get out my old IPOD and see if it still works. Guess it's a good thing I decided to replace my phone!
The nice thing about the iPhone is Apple Music is awesome.

It is very entertaining to get rid of clothes because they are too big!
very nice!

I want some kind of portable music playing....thing. I still play my CDs but only have a crappy CD player to do it on. and, on the computer, I can listen on some pretty good headphones to the ones I bought on amazon so that's nice. but I need a better way to store/use/play music I really do.

My million year old petrified IPOD still works. Holds a charge too. Pretty amazing. It's longevity makes me feel better about switching to Apple.

I got the case, the wireless buds, and the applewatch. The watch is sort of sad, it keeps asking for a phone. Seeking a friend. It is all charged up but the phone won't be here for 8 or 10 days.

T-Mobile has a new unlimited plan for 55+. Only 27 and change per month but it takes 2 lines. Thinking about it but Jeff would have to switch too so I guess it is up to him.

Diet wise, things are OK. Cheat day coming up on April 4th for Easter/Passover. Can't wait. OMG, a full day of toast. And who knows what all else.

About 4 months ago my fitbit died. And I was totally disgusted to learn the new ones no longer sync to PCs. Not having a fitbit has led me down the road to lazy. Stupid that a tiny gadget motivates me to move, but it does. I have been shopping and shopping but none of them work with PCs anymore. Only smartphones. So I finally gave in and gave up. Today I ordered an iphone, apple watch, and some headphones.

They are all supposed to work together seamlessly and sync automatically. If they really work, I will join the Borg hivemind and my next computer will be a MAC too. I am just tired of fighting all the connectivity issues. I can't even comprehend how easy it would be to buy stuff and know it will just work with what you already have. And I can answer the phone, talk to my watch, and pretend to be Dick Tracy. There has to be some value in that, right?

And hopefully my new gizmo will also motivate me to get off my lazy butt. Those palm trees are not going to wrangle themselves.

Apple makes it easy for devices to connect and transfer information with each other! I hope you enjoy having spy gadgets! Lol

Apple makes it easy for devices to connect and transfer information with each other! I hope you enjoy having spy gadgets! Lol

Dick Tracy here. Omg the difference. It took me all of 10 seconds to get my headphones to work with the phone and the watch. They are all happy together and they talk all the time. I took my watch out for a run and my phone knew all about it. I already know more about using my new phone than I ever knew about the old one. Imagine. Directions written by English speakers for English speakers. And every question I could ask has already been answered. They are easer to text with too. I can actually type on the iphone. Haven't given it a cellular carrier yet so I don't know about talking.

Latest posts

Back