Enhanced Malabsorbtion and No Carbs

Justme222

Officially a DSer. Surgery 3/23/21
I went back to android phone. I didn't like all my electronics talking amongst themselves. Creeped me out. My mom who is 75 loves that she can do her grocery list on her ipad and it shows up on her iphone.
I didn't like the gadgets predicting where I was going and what I was supposed to be doing. I like to keep them guessing. :)

southernlady

Administrator
Staff member
We’ve (my hubby and I) think the last update by Apple screwed the sharing ability on our calendars. Up until about a month or so ago, I could send an invite to hubby to add my appointment to his calenda. It stopped sending them. Right now, we are doing work around until we can research the issue. Last resort us to go see an Apple genius at the Genius at the Genius Bar.

Munchkin

Full of Fairy Dust
We’ve (my hubby and I) think the last update by Apple screwed the sharing ability on our calendars. Up until about a month or so ago, I could send an invite to hubby to add my appointment to his calenda. It stopped sending them. Right now, we are doing work around until we can research the issue. Last resort us to go see an Apple genius at the Genius at the Genius Bar.
And another great thing. There is actually a person who will answer questions. I am beginning to understand why so many people love apple products. And I can give my grocery list to my watch and it shows up on my phone.

And the phone knows when I am driving and automatically shuts down distractions. When important people call the phone sends them a text and tells them I will call when I get off the road. Amazing!

southernlady

Administrator
Staff member
I know Apple products are pricey but for the most part, they just work and work well. I do like the ability to deal with Genius Bar.

Back about 2 years ago, we were is SD setting up residency. Most RV parks use gravel for their parking pads. In spite of having an Otterbox to protect his phone face from shattering. Unfortunately it doesn’t protect from a face first to the gravel fall. Since gravel is uneven, it still shattered. Nearest Genius Bar was in Omaha, NE. But it’s also where we could get the face replaced in a few hours for just $50. He lived with the crack til we got there. Locally it was in excess of $200 and waiting a week.

If you don’t have Apple Care, get it, it really is worth it.

Munchkin

Full of Fairy Dust
I know Apple products are pricey but for the most part, they just work and work well. I do like the ability to deal with Genius Bar.

Back about 2 years ago, we were is SD setting up residency. Most RV parks use gravel for their parking pads. In spite of having an Otterbox to protect his phone face from shattering. Unfortunately it doesn’t protect from a face first to the gravel fall. Since gravel is uneven, it still shattered. Nearest Genius Bar was in Omaha, NE. But it’s also where we could get the face replaced in a few hours for just $50. He lived with the crack til we got there. Locally it was in excess of $200 and waiting a week.

If you don’t have Apple Care, get it, it really is worth it.
I will look it up! Thanks!

Munchkin

Full of Fairy Dust
Took my watch out for a run again and it told me it knew I was running and did I want a timer... This stuff is unreal! It is learning.

aaa

I have an iPhone 6 and received an Apple watch from my co. over the holidays. Still haven't set it up as I haven't worn a watch at all during the pandemic as I didn't want another thing to clean after I went out.

southernlady

Administrator
Staff member
The updated iOS for the newer watches will time your hand washing to make sure you do a full 20 seconds. If you have that ability go to the watch on your iPhone, scroll down the menu til you see hand washing to turn it on.

Last edited:
Reactions: aaa

Webmommy

My Samsung notes and any android phone always seemed buggy like it had a worm despite me using antivirus software on it but with my iPhone I don’t have to worry about any of that.

My son has had an iPad since he was five (he’s autistic and intellectually disabled) and we got it to use as a communication device for him so he needed to have it working all the time. AppleCare made sure that it worked or it was replaced! He just got a new one with more space and all I had to do what put my iPhone next to the iPad.