Enhanced Malabsorbtion and No Carbs

is it flooding near you, Diana?

today we have our first measurable rain since July. time to put the flannel sheets and electric blanket on the bed.

:cloud:

We’ve been under a flood watch, and my cats’ groomer couldn’t come yesterday because she couldn’t get out of her neighborhood due to flooding so I guess so. I had to drive through several inches of water in the wash that crosses the main street inside our community. But our property itself isn’t subject to flooding.

It’s in the 80s and very muggy. Should clear up tomorrow.

We’ve been under a flood watch, and my cats’ groomer couldn’t come yesterday because she couldn’t get out of her neighborhood due to flooding so I guess so. I had to drive through several inches of water in the wash that crosses the main street inside our community. But our property itself isn’t subject to flooding.

It’s in the 80s and very muggy. Should clear up tomorrow.
Still not a drop here. I think it missed us completely.

4 months down and I am still here. One brilliant shining star for me, it finally got cool enough to ship chocolate! A friend went to the Russell Stover's Outlet in Owatonna MN and shopped for me. I have been out of SF chocolate for ever. Yes, I was out of control and spent $175. A couple days later and a huge box arrived. Full of SF chocolate.

They have changed some of their chocolate from sugar alcohols to stevia. I was worried about this at first because I have tried to make myself like stevia but it always tasted horrible to me. I am happy to report the SF chocolate with stevia was good. Generally, the individually wrapped pieces are about 1 carb worth of damage each. And they are worth it!

I now have an entire vegetable crisper full of candy. Plus a few extra bags and boxes I can't fit in yet. Life is good!

I have been busy planning all my upcoming cheat days. The easiest time of the year is coming right up. I could finish out the rest of the year standing on my head. It's all downhill from here.

I just found your thread yesterday and you're doing amazing! I've done the low carb under 20 as well, I'm just moving to regular low carb for maintenance. I still have about 5 more pounds or so to lose but I'm going to put that on the back burner until 1/2019, I need to get through the holidays first. So my goal right now is to be at target weight the Monday after every holiday. Halloween, Thanksgiving, Christmas, and New Years are all going to be super hard for me. Most of our family traditions revolve around food and Halloween being our wedding anniversary makes it a double whammy! :smiliewitch:

The climber you got, would you mind posting a link? My husband and I are going to make my dog training area be for dogs and working out. I'm going to look for a used treadmill that will fit in the basement plus free weights then I think the climber or a stationary bike.

Thanks in advance!
Liz
:bats:

I just found your thread yesterday and you're doing amazing! I've done the low carb under 20 as well, I'm just moving to regular low carb for maintenance. I still have about 5 more pounds or so to lose but I'm going to put that on the back burner until 1/2019, I need to get through the holidays first. So my goal right now is to be at target weight the Monday after every holiday. Halloween, Thanksgiving, Christmas, and New Years are all going to be super hard for me. Most of our family traditions revolve around food and Halloween being our wedding anniversary makes it a double whammy! :smiliewitch:

The climber you got, would you mind posting a link? My husband and I are going to make my dog training area be for dogs and working out. I'm going to look for a used treadmill that will fit in the basement plus free weights then I think the climber or a stationary bike.

Thanks in advance!
Liz
:bats:
Speaking as someone who runs and has used every piece of fitness equipment on the planet, that climber will kick your ass! I would be completely shocked if anyone could do it for 10 minutes flat out! It is a killer and it exercises EVERYTHING at once! It's not huge and it's not heavy either. https://www.ebay.com/itm/Maxi-Climb...724544?hash=item25fab17800:g:YAMAAOSwa~JbMelb

Lots of people here train their dogs to use the treadmill. Outside is too hot in the summer. The dogs love it!

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
I'm the one they normally call to train them for the treadmill! I had one that I used for that (I was too heavy to use it pre-DS) and it died. I'm thinking about that first as two of my four know how to use a treadmill.:ROFLMAO:
Thanks for the link!
Liz
:8 1 2165b15d3316:

We decided to do a sort of controlled cheat for Halloween. We had orange chicken, fried rice, BBQ pork, and won-ton soup. Boston Cream Pie for dessert. It was wonderful! Made me feel like a normal person. I still regret having no candy. Might be my first Halloween with zero!

Today's food steak Caesar Salad. It's OK but still not chocolate. But I still have tons of SF stuff.

Interesting finds at Winco yesterday, SF creamer with 1 carb and I got my first turkey of the season for .48 per pound! If you have a Winco check it out!

We eat a ton of turkey while it is cheap. Usually do 4 or 5 of them. Only one really prepared for Thanksgiving with all the fixings. The rest are just plain and all the waste will be used to make a great pot of soup!

We eat a ton of turkey while it is cheap. Usually do 4 or 5 of them. Only one really prepared for Thanksgiving with all the fixings. The rest are just plain and all the waste will be used to make a great pot of soup!
Dh abhors turkey. Too dry. Hell, I used Cornish hens as a turkey substitute back when I cooked for Thanksgiving, that or ham. And I drowned the hens in butter.

Sometimes you get what you ask for. All my jeans are now too big. When I wear them I am risk taking because they could end up around my knees at any moment. When I walk I have to hold my pants up. VERY attractive. I will go to the thrift store next week and see what I can find. All of my schleppy winter sweats will be too big too but I am not going to worry about them yet. I mostly wear them around the house.

Have you tried a belt? It may help you skip a size or two going down. :)
Liz
First hysterical response, laughter. This fat girl has never owned a belt. 2nd less hysterical response. HMMMM maybe LizJ is right. After all, that's what belts are supposed to do, hold your pants up. But the idea of ME owning a belt is impossible. I will be jeans shopping at the thrift store and I will see if they have them. Me with a belt is a completely new concept. Thanks Liz!

Latest posts

Back