DS Surgery Kaiser SoCal

RFam4

Hello everyone! I am currently seeking the DS surgery through Kaiser SoCal. I have entered into their bariatric weight loss surgery program but I am growing concerned that they will not offer the DS and will instead push me on a different route. I am ready to hold fast and find the way to DS success! Does anyone know for sure if Kaiser SoCal still offers the DS? Either through one of their facilities or contracted out?

My other option is to switch insurance to Blue Shield Platinum ACO HMO when open enrollment comes in May. I was hoping this option would allow access to Dr. Keshishian’s practice. His office shared they accept Anthem Blue Cross and not Blue Shield unless it is covered out of network. I have sent my information to his office to see about paying out of pocket or out of network costs but I would rather go through insurance if possible! Has anyone had any experience with Blue Shield covering the DS? Is it a similar process to Kaiser in regards to insurance covering the surgery? Also, has anyone been to Dr. K? What was your experience like from either direct referral from pcp or going straight to his office?

Thank you!

See if Dr. Belzberg is still there. He was the only Kaiser SoCal surgeon doing the DS. Marquis Mark may know. If he's gone, I don't know if they will pay for you to go outside Kaiser, which would almost certainly mean Dr. Keshishian as he's presently the only one in the area doing the DS, or if you would have a big fight on your hands.

See if Dr. Belzberg is still there. He was the only Kaiser SoCal surgeon doing the DS. Marquis Mark may know. If he's gone, I don't know if they will pay for you to go outside Kaiser, which would almost certainly mean Dr. Keshishian as he's presently the only one in the area doing the DS, or if you would have a big fight on your hands.
Unfortunately, Dr. Belzberg moved to North Carolina....https://www.onslow.org/physicians/belzberg-gary

Latest posts

Back