Do we have a ribbon color?

Brandy

Freddled gruntbuggly
I was reading the "Wear Pink for Breast Cancer Awareness" thread and it got me wonder if we have a thing,

And by "we" I mean people who have had WLS. Or perhaps it should be for morbid obesity. Those suffering do not necessarily need or would want a ribbon, but those who have beat it should still be able to wear their survivors' colors proudly, just like cancer survivors.

It isn't much, but at least it might help somebody searching for information to ask the right people. I'm not sure how often or where I would wear it, but that isn't the point.

Is there anybody out there raising money, awareness and sponsoring walks/runs? The possibilities of pride versus the constant shame is fascinating.

It's good idea but I think the human race would need to evolve some to embrace it. You are ahead of the curve.

It's been what, about 10 years since the ASMBS said obesity was a disease? But about 99% of the public, including a lot of medical practitioners, still believe it's a character flaw. It's been about 25 years since they found out most ulcers are caused by H. Pylori and there are still people saying it's 'nerves' and the inability to deal with the stresses of daily life. We are very slow to embrace change. Especially since 'fat shaming' is just about the only acceptable prejudice left.

so true - and stuff we know about eating doesn't make it into the culture for some reason. well, money. they want to sell us processed food (and as much of it as possible) - not much profit in real food.

I heard something on the news this morning about making school lunches more healthy - talking about calories. FFS what about not serving so much processed CRAP carbs? how about that? not even on the radar.

:angryfire:

Brandy - what do you think about red for anger?

Latest posts

Back