Devastating news about Shannon/Obit added

I'm just shocked to hear about the entire thing tbh. I had no idea she was having any issues actually. But dehydration to brain aneurysm or brain bleed?! I'm super curious as to whether this was related to her DS at all and if it is related - is there anything that other DSers and WLSers can learn from the experience.

And finally. I truly hope her family are doing as well as to be expected as they grieve her loss. Just so sad :(

J.
The brain bleed can happen to anyone. I lost a cousin about 40 years ago to one, NO known health issues. One of my best friends lost her 14 year old son to one a few years back, also NO known health issues.

The dehydration did not help tho and that was related to her DS. BUT the brain bleed could have happened with her well hydrated too...so while the lesson we need to is to stay hydrated, we also need to live what life we have to the best we can. Cause who knows when it's our time.

I saw her husband and kids and the rest today at the service. One thing I did was capture all the condolences that were written in places that her family has no access to, like FB groups. And then printed it out and gave it to her husband/kids to read when they are ready.

The brain bleed can happen to anyone. I lost a cousin about 40 years ago to one, NO known health issues. One of my best friends lost her 14 year old son to one a few years back, also NO known health issues.

The dehydration did not help tho and that was related to her DS. BUT the brain bleed could have happened with her well hydrated too...so while the lesson we need to is to stay hydrated, we also need to live what life we have to the best we can. Cause who knows when it's our time.

I saw her husband and kids and the rest today at the service. One thing I did was capture all the condolences that were written in places that her family has no access to, like FB groups. And then printed it out and gave it to her husband/kids to read when they are ready.
Thanks for the update and the info. I'd never even heard the term 'brain bleed' until this thread tbh. It sounds absolutely terrifying. And so sad for her family. I have a few FB friends who posted her obit. She was truly loved and appreciated throughout the entire East Tennessee community. She'll be missed that's for sure. And what a lovely thing for you to do for her family. We don't always think about it - but the online community is just as substantial (if not moreso) than any other type of community. I'm sure they'll appreciate the condolences! I'm not the praying type - but they are sure in my thoughts.

J.

Latest posts

Back