Devastating news about Shannon/Obit added

That’s so very sad. All I can think about are those kids. My condolences go out to her Family.

All I can think about are those kids.
Her son, Morgan, will be 15 in Sept. Her daughter, Lily is 9.

I do know they are having a memorial service on Aug 2nd (once Lily is home) at her church in Knoxville.

I know we usually avoid discussing religion but Shannon was a Christian. She would want prayers for her family. They have a hard road ahead. For those who do not pray, think good thoughts for them.

This loss has shaken my world a bit. Shannon was the same age as me and I, too, have very young children (9, 7, and 4). A reminder to me to make sure my people know they are my heart.
My heart is so heavy for her entire family, especially her husband and children. My thoughts and prayers are with them as they process her loss and move through their new path.

@southernlady did Boyce do her surgery. So sad.
From her BF.org info - it does look she was a Boyce patient.
Just so sad to hear. Dr. Boyce did my RNY back in 2009. Though his follow-up leaves a bit to be desired - he's definitely one of the better surgeons imo. Just such a sad situation. May Shann rest in peace.

J.

I hope we can get some information about whether her death was in any way related to her DS, or if it was something else entirely, e.g., she had an unrelated and unsuspected aneurysm. Noting that she was in the hospital for dehydration, it would also be helpful to know whether that was related to the DS, and whether it precipitated the bleed.

My condolences to her family.

Yes, she was a Boyce virgin DSer. She was 6 months ahead of me, had just passed her 5 year mark.

I'm just shocked to hear about the entire thing tbh. I had no idea she was having any issues actually. But dehydration to brain aneurysm or brain bleed?! I'm super curious as to whether this was related to her DS at all and if it is related - is there anything that other DSers and WLSers can learn from the experience.

And finally. I truly hope her family are doing as well as to be expected as they grieve her loss. Just so sad :(

J.

Latest posts

Back