Confession time! Need help getting back into Atkins

Unfortunately, whole grain anything makes me gag. I presume because of my sensory issues. I cannot handle hard and soft textures together, eg. cake with nuts, soup with barley, etc. It's been a problem all my life.

Perhaps I need to give myself more time to get to goal. I'm just afraid of going past my weight loss window without getting to goal. But, tbh, it kinda feels like the window has closed already! But, yeah, could just be a stall. I'm not panicking yet :).
Dh has issues with SOME stuff...nuts in anything is not doable but nuts alone are fine.

Stalls can last for quite some time...I stalled at 7 months out and the stall lasted 5 LONG months. I was at a normal BMI by then so I honestly thought I was done...imagine my shock when I turned around and lost another 15 lbs after that 5 months.

You're doing fiiine! I kept losing for the best part of four years. My mega window lasted 3.5 years. As you become lighter your weight loss dips until you eat enough so that you can continue to lose. Just make sure you are ingesting enough calories, fat and mostly protein to lose. Your body will be trying to settle on its set point.

Go buy an iceberg lettuce and cook up some pork mince with onion, oyter sauce, sweet chili and water chestnuts (only if you like them) then eat it out of the lettuce like little bowls. Amazing...you'll be hooked and it is alll good.

It took me 18 months to get to my final low (well, I actually started losing again recently but it wasn't a welcome loss). Don't worry about a weight-loss window!

What about veggies for crunch - raw carrots or celery with a high fat, cheesy dip?

Dh has issues with SOME stuff...nuts in anything is not doable but nuts alone are fine.

Stalls can last for quite some time...I stalled at 7 months out and the stall lasted 5 LONG months. I was at a normal BMI by then so I honestly thought I was done...imagine my shock when I turned around and lost another 15 lbs after that 5 months.
I love most nuts and chocolate coated nuts are no problem (no, they're not part of my regular diet, lol), and they're fine in granola or similar, but not in dessert, cake, etc.

Wow, a 5 month stall! That gives me some hope, lol! I still have 25 kg (55 lbs), so a long way to goal, though. You were already at goal at 7 months out? That's really good! I'm not in a complete stall, but at about 1 to 2 pounds every 2 to 3 weeks I'm pretty darn close to it!

You're doing fiiine! I kept losing for the best part of four years. My mega window lasted 3.5 years. As you become lighter your weight loss dips until you eat enough so that you can continue to lose. Just make sure you are ingesting enough calories, fat and mostly protein to lose. Your body will be trying to settle on its set point.

Go buy an iceberg lettuce and cook up some pork mince with onion, oyter sauce, sweet chili and water chestnuts (only if you like them) then eat it out of the lettuce like little bowls. Amazing...you'll be hooked and it is alll good.
Water chestnuts wouldn't work for me, but the rest sounds good. I'll definitely try that, or something similar. I used to do lettuce cups with tuna mayo years ago. That was pretty good. I had forgotten about that. Thanks for the reminder :).

There was a recipe similar to this in one of my husband's Low-GI cookbooks. It's one of our favorites. It's a little higher in carbs (thanks to the addition of mung bean noodles and a few other things), so this sounds like a great more Atkins-friendly edition. :) Keeping this in mind!

Latest posts

Back