Best GI appointment today

SJB41976

So...Dr Greenbaum ordered an upper GI so I found a Gastro doc and got in rather quickly. I shared some of my story rather cautiously but the nurse told me when she left she was glad that she had met me today. I almost started crying I was overcome. The doctor was equally nice, except he could not wrap his mind around traveling for surgery or why Greenbaum's prices were so low. But he seemed pretty knowledgable about WLS, everyone knew what the DS was (of course, who knows how much they know but they had basic knowledge). And he wished me the best.

Monday I go for my upper GI contrast and I will send it to Greenbaum.

Here we go.......

I've never had a regular GI doc but I'm assuming are they the ones that do the surgery if there is a bowel obstruction? I meant to ask the doc yesterday and forgot. He was aware of vitamin deficiencies with WLS and he even had a couple of patients that had surgery in Mexico. Why do US docs frown so much on Mexico surgeries, it's like they think it is subpar? I know there are butchers out there but if you know where to go, you should be good. He even handled that professionally, even though I could tell the Mexico patients were a mystery to him (why would someone go to Mexico).

Anyway, I don't know how he truly felt about WLS personally, but he was professional and knowledgable and really nice. I feel very fortunate. And then the nurse being accepting of my story, being in a vulnerable place and all. It was a great experience. I didn't know what to expect going in.

A general surgeon would do a bowel obstruction surgery. GI's that I know typically aren't cutters.

Latest posts

Back