Back in Black (or, I'm out of debt)

JackieOnLine

Staff member
I am pretty sure bankrupcy was the shrewd financial move but instead, I threw everything at my credit cards and paid them off.

I'm just a bit above broke (about 2 months living expenses in the checking account, so better than nothing) and I have a 10 year old, paid off car. (with body damage, sadly). that is my only asset. well, and an Oregon license to practice as an Occupational Therapy Assistant.

in a couple of weeks I will be 59 and I need to figure out what's next and get serious about earning money, since I will clearly need to be doing it for a long time.

meanwhile, I RAVE!

:banana:

Congrats, especially because you don’t have a rich and famous son to pay it off after you die.

(I was reading about songwriter Johnny Mercer, a man truly gifted in the use of words. His dad had been rich, then ended up $1,000,000 in debt, way back when that was real money. It would be $14.5 million today. Instead of filing bankruptcy, his dad worked the rest of his life to pay that debt, and managed to pay back $700,000 before his death in 1923. Seventeen years later, Johnny Mercer surprised his father’s creditors and paid off the $300,000 balance…$5.5 million today.)

Latest posts

Back