Tilting at Windmills

I'm surprised she called at all - but I am NOW expecting things to get bolluxed up by the fact that I filed the documents with a different office, which should be received today.

But I'm going to forget about it for a while - we're packing up to go off on our 2 week RV adventure.

Drive safely...see you soon...give us a heads up because of the construction stuff.

And, we're off! An hour later than intended, but with "only" 307 miles to go, it doesn't really matter what time we get to Mojave for the night. Charles has said that at some point today, he is going to put me behind the wheel - (1) so I can learn to drive it in an emergency; and (2) to have him a bit of a break. I really want to do this, but for some reason, I'm getting really nervous and intimidated. It's not only Sallie, but Libby is attached! At least it won't be until AFTER we get over to the Central Valley - I do NOT want to practice on Rte 152/Pacheco Pass. And why do the big rigs drive so CLOSE to the line between us???

And he showed me this morning that he's developing a seroma. We may need to go to an Urgent Care in Vegas to get him drained. Anyone have any suggestions of who might be a BCBS provider plastic surgeon who can take an urgent appointment?

I have a suggestion, but it doesn't include trying to find a plastic surgeon on a weekend in Las Vegas. (There ARE doctors who specialize in house calls at the better hotels...but probably not plastic surgeons.)

On background, the local joke is as follows:
Q: When you live in Las Vegas, where do you go for good medical care?
A: The airport.

It is still "business hours." You are still near civilization. Take care of it and THEN drive on.

ETA...My local dentist told me that his PCP works at/near UCLA. Oh! And yesterday, I called the gastro doc's appointment desk. The recording told me to leave my number and someone would get back to me in 24-48 hours. Yup...a two day wait to even speak to the appointment chick.

He's actually perked up a bit since we left home. I made us a light lunch at our first stop, and his guts seem to be settling down. I am NOT going to be getting my driving lesson today - it's too windy here in the Central Valley and he's having to work at keeping the rig on the road. I'd prefer to learn to drive it somewhere easier anyway.

It's funny though - I don't know if it's because it's cloudy or I just didn't notice how much the days are shortening in the last few weeks - it's 6 PM and getting on to dusk already. We're going to be setting up in the dark in about 1.5 - 2 hours. But - we remembered to bring our lanterns this time, so it shouldn't be too hard.

He's actually perked up a bit since we left home. I made us a light lunch at our first stop, and his guts seem to be settling down. I am NOT going to be getting my driving lesson today - it's too windy here in the Central Valley and he's having to work at keeping the rig on the road. I'd prefer to learn to drive it somewhere easier anyway.

It's funny though - I don't know if it's because it's cloudy or I just didn't notice how much the days are shortening in the last few weeks - it's 6 PM and getting on to dusk already. We're going to be setting up in the dark in about 1.5 - 2 hours. But - we remembered to bring our lanterns this time, so it shouldn't be too hard.

You sleeping in or leaving early tomorrow?

We have to be out by 11 AM - I don't know where that fits on your continuum. Definitely not leaving before 10 - I need my bathroom moments, over a period of time.

Wow - it is dark - we're just driving through Bakersfield right now, have another 70 miles to go.

This is the first time driving it at night too - I'm thinking we will not want to do this again, so getting up a bit earlier appears to be a better plan.

Handyman/Almost-Contractor will be here late in the morning, if all goes well. He has a little grouting and an electrical mystery to unravel, then he needs to install an autofill for the pool. One of us needs to be here for that. I need to get caught up on some last minute shopping on Saturday or Sunday. I can work around your time schedule. We are packing. The house is dirty.

Maybe we can do dinner. It will be our dinner, probably your lunch!

I will call you as we get close - the RV park is not that far from you - but you knew that already, since you suggested it!

Most of us lack the knowledge and don't have deep enough pockets to win a legal battle. And the lawyers available for hire seem to worry more about billable hours than actually helping the client. The system that serves some victimizes others. And it's life so it's not fair. But every single time you pick up the lance, you help all of us. BTW you forgot something....remember that iron clad exclusion for reconstructive surgery in California you broke? How many have been able to get plastics because of you?

Meanwhile in real life still waiting for furniture delivery. And we need to go hoist and flog that damn rug into the bedroom. I swear that thing is made of lead...

Latest posts

Back