And the flagyl induced thrush is gone!! ;-)

huneypie

Wannabe
Canesten pessaries and cream didn't work. I got a 5 day course of Trimethoprim 200mg antibiotics and within a few hours the itching went!! It sounds crazy that I had to have antibiotics to fix antibiotic issues. :)

Indeed I can't believe that it was so quick and easy. I guess they didn't want to give me more antibiotics but I really was beside myself at times.

I thought I hadn't seen that drug either...and I haven't...alone. But I've seen it a lot in Bactrim and Septra.

WHAT IS TMP/SMX?

TMP/SMX is combination of two antibiotic drugs: trimethoprim and sulfamethoxazole. It is also known as cotrimoxazole. It is sold as Bactrim (manufactured by Roche) or Septra (by Monarch Pharmaceuticals). TMP/SMX is sold under many other names in different parts of the world.

Antibiotics fight infections caused by bacteria. TMP/SMX is also used to fight some infections caused by protozoa, and some opportunistic infections in people with HIV.

Source...
http://www.aidsinfonet.org/fact_sheets/view/535

I thought I hadn't seen that drug either...and I haven't...alone. But I've seen it a lot in Bactrim and Septra.

WHAT IS TMP/SMX?
TMP/SMX is combination of two antibiotic drugs: trimethoprim and sulfamethoxazole. It is also known as cotrimoxazole. It is sold as Bactrim (manufactured by Roche) or Septra (by Monarch Pharmaceuticals). TMP/SMX is sold under many other names in different parts of the world.

Antibiotics fight infections caused by bacteria. TMP/SMX is also used to fight some infections caused by protozoa, and some opportunistic infections in people with HIV.

Source...
http://www.aidsinfonet.org/fact_sheets/view/535
Yes, they kept asking if I was diabetic. Maybe the DS makes me more stubborn to recover from things like this.

Canesten pessaries and cream didn't work. I got a 5 day course of Trimethoprim 200mg antibiotics and within a few hours the itching went!! It sounds crazy that I had to have antibiotics to fix antibiotic issues. :)
It really does, lol. Anti-biotics ALWAYS send me to thrush hell!!! ack! So glad you got it sorted though :) Thrush is a nightmare, a recurring one for me.

I'm sorry you often suffer. If you've never tried the drugs I list at the start of this thread then hopefully they're another avenue for you.

I'm suffering from oral thrush! Looks like flesh eating bacteria!! Half of my tongue is bright red, other half is whitish. I'm swishing and gurgling cough syrup like Nystatin. Gross.

I'm suffering from oral thrush! Looks like flesh eating bacteria!! Half of my tongue is bright red, other half is whitish. I'm swishing and gurgling cough syrup like Nystatin. Gross.
The Nystatin usually works almost immediately - by the second day. It's gross, but at least it works quickly!

Latest posts

Back